We are seeking an Infant/Toddler Assistant Teacher to join our organization! This individual will plan and present age appropriate activities for children.
- Responsible for the daily planning, management, and supervision of the classroom and children.
- Responsible for ensuring that all parents, children, and classroom staff concerns are appropriately addressed.
- Instruct infant/toddler children in activities designed to promote intellectual and creative growth
- Create a fun and safe learning environment
- Develop schedules and routines to ensure adequate physical activity, rest, and playtime
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with students and parents
- Communicate with parents on students' growth and progress
- Maintain the health and safety of all students
- Ensures that appearance, cleanliness and safe environment of classroom are appropriately maintained, in accordance with the NAEYC cleaning and sanitizing guidelines.
- Completes all academy and classroom paperwork: for example, daily notes, student accident reports, attendance reports.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings, academy events, and parent meetings, as requested. • Assists and supervises children during all activities.
- Counsels children when social, academic, or adjustment problems arise.
- Prepares and implements classroom lesson plans, program, and schedule.
- Develops, plans, and prepares instructional aids / materials for classroom activities.
- Assists children with meal times and clean-up.
- Ensures that all classroom and outdoor equipment are in good working condition and are used and maintained properly.
- Physically arranges the classroom into well-defined interest areas.
- Directs activities of other staff in the classroom to ensure that the classroom functions in an orderly manner.
- Communicates appropriate information to parents; maintains developmental profiles for children.
- Schedules and conducts parent and teacher conferences throughout the year.
- Maintains family information board and other classroom bulletin boards.
- Accepts temporary work assignments in the event regularly scheduled personnel is not available: for example, may answer telephones at front desk, or may assist supervisor with bookkeeping tasks.
- Assists with planning and implementing academy-wide events.
- Meets with prospective families; communicates appropriately with potential new customers.
- Assists in evaluating personnel within the classroom.
- Schedules field trips and speakers for monthly programs as directed by management.
- Prepares classroom portion of monthly newsletter.
- Performs other similar or related duties as necessary.
- Previous experience in childcare, teaching, or other related fields
- AA or BA in Education Preferably
- At least 9 credits in Early Childhood Education or Child Development Associates (CDA)
- Passionate about working with children
- Ability to build rapport with children
- Positive and patient demeanor
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Candidate must pass a medical exam/physical and have a clear background check to qualify for employment.
- Must be able to lift no less than 40 pounds on a consistent basis throughout the workday to at least waist high.
- Must meet NYC Department of Health requirements and qualifications.
Kiddie Academy has an excellent opportunity for an experienced childcare professional in a brand new, state of the art school located in Williamburg, Brooklyn. Kiddie Academy continues to strive as an innovative leader in the field of Early Childhood Education. We offer on-the-job training in a supportive work environment with an exceptional faculty of educators.
Role: Infant/Toddler Assistant Teachers (Full-Time & Part-Time)
Apply for this job now.