About the Company:
Blatchford is a multi-award-winning manufacturer of some of the world's most advanced prosthetic technology, bespoke seating solutions and orthotic devices.
Our evidence-based approach and commitment to continuously challenge possibilities ensures our mobility solutions prioritise the wellbeing and long-term health of our users. Through science, technology, and maintaining a clear focus on people, we make mobility possible.
We have an outstanding opportunity for an Electronics Technician, to join our engineering team based in our rapidly growing facility in Basingstoke.
Reporting to the Electronics Manager, the Electronics Technician will support our team of Electronic Design Engineers with a range of activities from prototyping through to testing, inspection and repair.
Electronics Technician Responsibilities:
- PCBA assembly, rework and inspection
- Cable assembly, rework and inspection
- PCBA fault-finding
- Test fixture build and maintenance
- Calibration and repair of production test fixtures
- Executing tests for the electronics and verification engineers
- Prototype material and equipment purchasing
- Keep records of prototype PCBAs and their modification status
- Maintain electronics lab ESD countermeasures
- Maintain the test equipment register
Electronics Technician Requirements:
- Self-starting and diligent team player
- Previous experience of manual PCB assembly & rework
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to liaise, at all levels
- Excellent attention to detail
- Flexible and adaptable in your approach.
- Experience of IPC-7711/21, IPC-A-610 PCBA inspection & IPC-A-620 cable assembly inspection (Advantageous)
Electronics Technician Benefits:
We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits and the opportunity to work in a unique environment, as part of a dynamic Engineering team, to drive the success of our award-winning organisation.
If you think that you are suitable for this Electronics Technician role, please apply now!