Position: Apprentice Customer Service Agents - Permanent Home Working (8 roles)
In these very unusual times our client is adapting, as everybody is. They are excited to be recruiting for some new apprentices (virtually) in order to support with expanding their great entirely home-based workforce team.
The company looks after the Home Emergency policies for 1 in 8 UK properties, delivering a service on behalf of household names such as LV, Natwest and Direct Line.
Customer service excellence has always been one of the driving forces behind their continued commitment service improvement and as such they are keen to support young people to join their team through a level 2 Customer Service Practitioner Apprenticeship.
This Apprenticeship provides a fantastic opportunity to join a large, professional company with many opportunities for career development. The company are providing a comprehensive and structured programme of training and support to give you the skills and confidence to take your first steps into a career in Customer Service.
Your job will require you to work from home with attendance to the office only required occasionally for ad hoc training or team building.
It would be your role to ensure that this experience is a smooth and as efficient as possible and to help support them during a difficult time but offering exceptional customer service.
Ongoing support, training and guidance will be provided to your remotely via telephone calls / MS Teams meetings etc to enable you to undertake the following duties.
First Notification of Loss
- To take Home Emergency claims via telephone, email, or client portal and to offer first aid advice to the customer
- To validate claims using the client's database to ensure the policy is valid
- To deploy a CET Supplier to the emergency within the client specific SLA
- To deal with any customer queries regarding the progress of their claim
- To log any dissatisfaction in line with Company procedures
- To be a champion of excellent customer service, be that directed at client, customer, or supplier
- To understand Data Protection Act regulations and ensure that all times these regulations are adhered to
Essential Skills to help you during your training
- Strong interest in all aspects of customer service and administration
- Data Entry Skills
- Good organizational skills
- Good telephone manner
- Comfortable working from home
- Responsible and reliable
- Eager to learn and be able to follow instructions
- Have the confidence to ask for help when they do not understand what is required of them.
GCSE in Maths and English at grade 9-4 (or equivalent) are desirable for this position.
Training - the company are intending to recruit 8 apprentices who will all receive 2 weeks of in-house training (to be undertaken at home through MS Teams) upon joining to support you to work from home remotely via telephone calls, MS teams meetings etc which takes place Monday to Friday (40 hours). Proposed start date 7 December 2020.
After completing the initial 2-week training period it is intended you will transfer to work shifts for the first 3 months, alternating 1 week of earlies and 1 week of lates choices are as follows:
- Sun-Thu -7.00 am to 3.30 pm (earlies) and 12.30 pm to 9.00 pm (lates)
- Tue-Sat -7.00 am to 3.30 pm (earlies) and 12.30 pm to 9.00 pm (lates)
It is intended you would start off in our Front office team for approximately 3 months before rotating into the Back Office Team, Customer Relations Team, and their Network