- Are you looking for a new challenge working within a school environment, helping children's development?
- Do you have experience working with children on a 1:1 basis or in small groups?
- Do you have a keen interest within the pastoral side of school life, and are looking to actively help a student's attainment?
If so, keeping reading! Teaching Personnel are currently recruiting for a Learning Support Assistant to join a supportive team within a large secondary school in the Middlesbrough area. This role will mainly focus on working with children aged 12-18 on an individual basis or in small groups, supporting them throughout their daily school life. Whilst it would be advantageous, it isn't essential that you have experience in a school environment.
This position will often involve engaging with parents, teachers and the SENCO. If you get on well within the school, there is the opportunity to work alongside the schools “gifted and talented” pupils, helping in the setting of work to provide more of a challenge to high attaining students.
Key aspects of the role will include:
- Dealing with a broad range of pastoral issues, engaging with pupils across a wide range of abilities and backgrounds.
- Offering extended individual support, both within the classroom setting as well as across the school site.
- Implementing interventions in order to best benefit a student, working in close partnerships with other teaching staff to try and achieve both long and short term goals for a given student.
- Aiding teachers with regards to issues such as timetabling, attendance, assessments and examinations.
- Pay - GBP275-350 dependant on previous experience.
The role advertised will begin in November, and run until the end of the academic year. If you are interested, then please submit your CV using the links provided or for more information get in touch with the Teesside Secondary Team.