Company: OPPO US RESEARCH CENTER
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
OPPO US AI Lab is seeking Sr. Research Engineers to join our team. The ideal candidate will have industry experience working on a range of cross-modal video search problems, e.g., video semantic search, video action recognition and localization, video captioning, and etc. The position will involve taking these skills and applying them to OPPO products, including both edge-devices and cloud products.
- Develop highly scalable video search engine and tools leveraging multidisciplinary approach, including deep learning, computer vision, natural language processing, and machine learning.
- Evaluate and fine-tune algorithms write code that really performs. Optimize code performance for real-time and low-power constraints.
- Adapt standard machine learning methods to best exploit modern parallel environments (e.g. distributed clusters and GPU).Invent and implement new algorithms or machine learning models for video content understanding, computer vision, video/image search, and natural language processing.
- PhD degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related fields such as Physics and Mathematics.
- Strong background in deep learning algorithms and their optimizations.
- Familiarity with common deep learning frameworks such as Tensorflow, PyTorch, Caffe, and MxNet.
- Strong background in computer vision and machine learning algorithms.
- Strong programming skills in Python, C/C++, Java, and etc.
- Familiarity with advanced video-related algorithm, such as text-to-video semantic search, video action recognition and detection, spatial-temporal activity detection, video captioning, and video network optimization.
- Experience in multi-modal search, such as visual (computer vision) + semantic (NLP) based search engine.
- Experience in deploying deep learning algorithms on mobile platforms.
- Publications in any of CVPR, ECCV, ICCV, NeurIPS, ICLR, ICML, IJCAI, AAAI, etc.
- Bilingual in both English and Chinese.