This position is on a federal Ability One contract that requires most of the work hours are performed by employees with disabilities. Due to program requirements, this particular position needs to be filled by a person meeting the Ability One criteria.
Global Connections to Employment (GCE), a nonprofit that provides job training and employment opportunities for individuals with significant disabilities. We exist to provide opportunities so people can experience meaningful employment. Our organization's Mission is "Helping People throughout Life's Journey," and what better way to do so than through employment which leads to independence and self-sufficiency.
We collaborate with partners who share a sense of responsibility for improving the world we live in. From a business perspective, we see opportunity in employees who have positions attitudes and are enthusiastic not only about performing their jobs, but more importantly, meeting the expectations of our customers. We continue to learn, innovate, work hard, respect and value the relationships we have in numerous communities in the US.
The Technical Writer I completes changes to Technical Orders for Air Force Programs. Interface with Sr. Technical Writer, TOMA, Technical Content Manager, Illustrators, and QC. Complete Technical Order changes in designated software. Perform validation and verification of mechanical and diagnostic processes on equipment. Consistently meet program and quality objectives for technical orders. Follow written or provided Technical Writing Development processes. Perform other duties as assigned. Adhere, promote, and support the mission, vision, and values of GCE. Comply with all organizational policies. Positively represent GCE, Inc. in all job duties and communications with others.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Experience with manuals such as Framemaker, S1000D, tagged data, SGML, XML structured and unstructured content, Illustrated parts breakdowns (IPBs), job guides, flight manuals, checklists, et al.
- Experience writing aircraft and commodity technical manuals and Time Compliance Technical orders (TCTOs) in compliance with TMCR and military specifications preferred.
- Knowledgeable of MIL-PRF-83495 OMMS Style Manuals.
- Able to draw sketches to illustrate specified materials or assembly sequence.
- Strong computer skills with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong communication and technical writing skills.
- Ability to support projects with minimal supervision.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize.
- Written communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Able to work independently and interact effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated dependable attendance.
- Authorized to access classified information with an active security clearance or have the ability to obtain security clearance.
- Ability to qualify for Active Secret Level Clearance.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or have U.S. Person status, as required per government contract
Interested applicants please visit our Career Center @ #removed# and complete our on-line applications. Our toll free number is #removed#.
Global Connections to Employment, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Drug Free Workplace Employer, DRUG TESTING REQUIRED