Brown & Brown is one of the largest insurance brokerages in the country, with local agents dedicated to providing our customers the best service available. From general knowledge to niche markets, Brown & Brown teammates have the expertise to support our customers and our communities. With access to the best products in the marketplace, growing relationships with carrier partners and expert resources, Brown & Brown stands out as a leader in the industry.
ECC Insurance Brokers, Inc., a wholesale subsidiary of Brown & Brown, is seeking an Associate Broker to join their team in Los Angeles, CA.
ECC Insurance Brokers, Inc., founded in 1999, is committed to independent agents, as the preeminent experts for specialty and unique liability risks. At ECC, we employ a laser-focused strategy with both our customer and carrier base. Our independent agent partners receive the benefits of unparalleled relationships that we maintain with our “A” rated insurance companies.
Primary Responsibility of the Associate Broker is in the analysis of market research information. Creative strategies based on this analysis should lead to the production of new and renewal business. This individual may also supervise the work of assistants and other support positions.
Essential Duties and Functions: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Solicitation of applications for renewal book of business.
- Work with retail agents for quote generation and customer service issues.
- Work with insurance carriers to secure quotations.
- Manage and coordinate marketing process/activity for new/renewal business on small accounts.
- Prepare quotations, binders and invoices.
- Work with Producer on daily submission flow.
- Process endorsements.
- Policy checking
- Planning/organizing—the individual prioritizes and plans work activities and uses time efficiently.
- Interpersonal skills—the individual maintains confidentiality, remains open to others' ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things.
- Oral communication—the individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations and demonstrates group presentation skills.
- Written communication—the individual edits work for spelling and grammar, presents numerical data effectively and is able to read and interpret written information.
- Problem solving—the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully and maintains confidentiality.
- Quality control—the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Adaptability—the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Safety and security—the individual observes safety and security procedures and uses equipment and materials properly
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Producer License.
- Strong customer service, communication, organization and time management skills.
- Proficient with MS Office
We recognize that talented people are attracted to companies that provide competitive pay, comprehensive benefit packages and outstanding advancement opportunities. For this reason, we offer a Comprehensive Benefits Plan that includes 401(k) plan with match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Insurance coverage in the areas of Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, Accident and Critical Illness, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Accounts and a generous Paid Time Off plan.
Brown & Brown, Inc. is an independent insurance intermediary that through its licensed subsidiaries provides a variety of insurance products and services to corporate, public entity, institutional, trade, professional, association, and individual clients. Headquartered in Daytona Beach, Florida, offices are located across the United States, with products and services offered through four major business divisions. Our corporate culture is built on vision, speed, agility, and strength that allows ups to thrive in the very competitive insurance environment.
Becoming an employee, or as we like to call it “a teammate,” of Brown & Brown introduces you to a career with virtually unlimited possibilities. Our unique corporate culture rewards self-starters and hard workers who adhere to our commitment to do what is best for our clients. With Brown & Brown you will get the training, the mentoring and the tools you need to succeed. Our teammates are bound together by shared goals and our collective commitment to integrity and quality. Brown & Brown's local leaders, such as the Accounting Leader, are actively engaged in their communities and committed to maintaining an established network, as well as creating strong relationships of their own.
Brown & Brown, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We take pride in the diversity of our team and seek diversity in our applicants.
Role: Associate Broker
Location: Los Angeles,
Apply for this job now.