Responsibilities of Financial Professional - Financial / Insurance - Entry Level
All you need is passion and a desire to make a difference.Our comprehensive training program will give you the tools you need to succeed and create the career success you envision.
You DO NOT need sales, business development, marketing or insurance experience to begin your road to success in this role!
We are looking for people who possess the following background/characteristics:
- Schedule appointments and meet with potential clients
- Make product recommendations to help clients meet their financial goals
- Provide ongoing service and support to existing policyholders
- Be a structured and coachable team player that is open to training development and further education.
- Four-year degree, or higher
- Highly self-motivated and self-disciplined with ability to work effectively with little or no supervision
- Outgoing personality with the ability to develop relationships
- Fearless, positive attitude, and willingness to be accountable for results
- Organized, detail-oriented, and excellent time-management skills
- Desire for continuous learning
- Good communicator with excellent listening skills and ability to explain complex information in a simple and concise manner
What we offer:
- Career Advancement - After two years as a successful agent, additional opportunities that may be available include: partner, development manager, product consultant, and Home Office opportunities in recruiting, marketing, or training.
- Training - NYLIC University is one of the most comprehensive and well-respected training programs in the industry.
- Constant Support - During and after formal training, you will receive continuous assistance from your manager and peers in your region and across the country to help you succeed. On-site trainers and product consultants are available to you and this is coupled with an entire division within the company located in the Home Office dedicated to providing agents with prospecting and sales ideas, product knowledge and application -- we want our new agents to be successful!
- Integrity - “The Company You Keep" - Represent a company you can believe in, be proud of and begin a long-term career with.
Benefits Included: We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Health/Dental/Life/Disability from day one
- 401(k) plan after one year of service and Pension Plan
- Continuing education reimbursement
- Reimbursement for industry designations
- Discounts from major wireless carriers
- Local discounts (based on location) for gym memberships
At New York Life we strive to be the best every day, the same as you.
Here are just a few of our recent recognition:
- Ranks #61 on the Fortune 500 list for 2016.
- Profiles in Diversity Journal - 2011 Diversity Leader Award
- 2011 National Association for Female Executives (NAFE) Top 50 Companies for Executive Women
- Corporate Equity Index - 2011 Best Places to Work for Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender (LGBT) Equality Take the first step to your future success and by becoming a part of “the company you keep!"Apply Today! EOE M/F/D/V
New York Life offers you not just another job, but career possibilities!
Job Type: Full-time
New York Life Insurance has been providing life insurance policies in the Big Apple since it was a tiny seed. While the nation's top mutual life insurer has branched out a bit, life insurance and annuities remain its core businesses. The company's products include long-term care insurance and special group policies sold through AARP and other affinity groups and professional associations. New York Life Investments' offerings include mutual funds for individuals and investment management services for institutional investors. Through New York Life International, the firm provides life policies in overseas markets. Founded in 1841, New York Life is owned by its policyholders.
Role: Sales Professional - Life Insurance & Investments - Free Training!
Location: Long Island,
Apply for this job now.