Quest Food Management Services is looking for a Cook I / Entry-level Prep Cook to join our team!
Quest Food Management Services, Inc. is a privately owned, full service, foodservice management company located in Lombard, Illinois with annual sales over $65 million. Founded in 1985, Quest has served schools (elementary, middle, high schools, college/universities) throughout Chicagoland guided by its mission to provide the communities we serve with fresh, high-quality food, exceptional responsiveness and intensely personal service.
It has been Quest's employees who have been the cornerstone of our growth. Quality people, quality food, and quality clients are our recipe for success. Led by our vision to create the most enduring relationships in the industry by what we do and how we do it; with integrity, responsiveness, accountability, respect and excellence.
Cook I / Entry-level Prep Cooks prepare and present menu items during service of the cafeteria to Quest standards. Follows preparation list for items needed for execution of menus and assist in the day to day operations of the kitchen. Duties may include bulk preparation, catering prep, product receiving and cleaning. Assists customers and maintains line in a consistent and professional manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare food as assigned and per directions, production sheets, standardized recipes, and time schedule.
- Accurately assemble and present menu items.
- Follow Quest, local, State and Federal guidelines for the proper handling of food products.
- Assist in the overall sanitation of the line and product kitchen. Work with other members of the kitchen as a team.
- Maintain open and effective communication with others.
- Prepare all items to standardized recipes according to each specific event's needs as outlined on the menu.
- Communicate to supervisor product shortages, ordering needs and maintenance issues to maintain the level of day to day business.
Successful candidate(s) must have an outgoing, friendly and customer focused attitude, and must have the ability work with speed, attention to detail, consistency and organization. Punctuality, reliability, and the ability to work effectively on a team are a must.
Other Requirements Include:
- Associate's Degree in Culinary Arts or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 1 year of experience as a prep cook
- Food Handler certification
- Ability to perform simple arithmetic as well as to understand measurements and conversions
- Ability to follow recipes
- Comfortable and pleasant demeanor in very busy environments
- Ability to read, write and speak English
Quest Food Management Services is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.