Construction Estimator- Competitive Salary- Manchester
Do you have extensive experience of working in a construction estimator role? Do you have in-depth knowledge of project management? If so, we have the perfect opportunity for you.
SPIE UK are specialists in the design and construction of complex environmental facilities providing a complete turnkey package to the high technology industries, particularly Pharmaceuticals, Fine Chemicals, Bio-Technology, Food & Beverage, Electronics and Renewables industries.
We are looking to appoint a Construction Estimator to lead the progression of the definition of civil, structural and architectural work packages from client concepts through to fully detailed cost plans. The role will initially involve working from home during the pandemic then office based in Manchester. Travel to client sites will be required nationally once a week.
The key responsibilities of a Construction Estimator include, but are not limited to:
- Produce client return briefs, programmes, material selections, cost plans and schedules to support the bid.
- Compile bid proposals and feasibility studies to secure a design and build project.
- Lead and deliver the estimate production for civil work, superstructure, external / internal architecture, fabric and fixed furniture & equipment.
- Explore documentation in order to gain a deep understanding of the project requirements
- Select, measure and track important metrics.
- Visit sites, facilities and other venues necessary to do the estimate.
- Perform complex analysis of collected data and metrics.
- Prepare relevant and reliable forecasts.
- Conduct complex risk analysis activities.
- Create and present reports to upper management.
- Analyse and evaluate offers.
- Build and maintain long-term relationships with the key vendors.
The key skills and qualities of a Construction Estimator are:
- Previous working experience as a construction estimator for multiple years.
- In-depth knowledge of project management.
- Hands-on experience with complex data research activities.
- Good understanding of data analysis methods and KPIs.
- Familiarity with computer programs such as Trimble Contract Master.
- Good time-management skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Critical-thinker and problem-solver.
- HND / Degree in engineering, construction science or similar relevant field.
SPIE UK is a smart engineering and technology-driven solutions provider for the built environment. Through the convergence of digital technology and the built environment, we engineer, manage and optimise smart spaces and places, improving where our customers work, learn and live.
SPIE UK's Smart City solutions serve the needs of urban clients, whereas our Smart Workplace solutions optimise the performance of commercial business and industrial facilities, while maintaining sustainability.
If you are keen on joining this exciting, forward-thinking company and taking the next step in your career, then please click the apply now button to find out more.