The Product Implementation Specialist is responsible for identifying the business needs of their customer and stakeholders to help determine solutions to business problems. He/she is expected to have a high degree of industry experience and perform a liaison function between software developers or other service providers and internal Company support and delivery resources. It is critical that the Key Success Factors (KSFs) and Return on Investment (ROI) be identified and documented in the beginning of the engagement so that it can be successfully delivered.
Job Requirements and Duties:
- Identify and review all “customer-centric” goals with the customer and understand what is important to them.
- Ensure KSFs and ROI are defined and documented.
- Develop SMART (Smart, Measurable, Agreed upon, Realistic, Time-Specific) goals around the KSF/ROI targets to ensure that the solution meets customer expectations.
- Ensure that communication is maintained between all stakeholders throughout the implementation process via regular progress meetings and written updates including meeting recaps, action plans, project plan reviews, etc.
- Execute assignments so that the customer sees demonstrable and measurable value in the professional services they purchased.
- Authenticate customer readiness for all services to be rendered by verifying receipt of proper hardware, utility viability (broadband, power, etc.) and physical space for the new system.
- Provide elite or “five star” customer service throughout the installation process.
Configuration, Training and Support
A Product Implementation Specialist’s primary job is configuration and training, not support. There will be times when support services must necessarily be rendered by a Product Implementation Specialist. However, it operationally belongs to Help Desk technicians and thus the Product Implementation Specialist should only provide a supporting role when authorized to do so.
Customization and Data Migration
- Analyze and understand features or functions needed by client that are not part of the core software product and determine if a customization can be created to provide a solution.
- Assist in creating a Scope of Work (SOW) and Design Abstract (DA) for any customizations requested by the customer.
- Present the Scope of Work and Design Abstract to the customer for approval, resolve any customer concerns or issues, and secure their signature for customization approval.
- Assist as necessary to ensure the development and implementation of the customization is delivered by the date promised to the customer and in accordance with the SOW/DA.
Perform accurate and timely administrative functions, including but not limited to:
- Assist in developing a project plan to ensure that system is configured and implementation is scheduled to easily achieve customer’s documented goals including the acquisition of a Customer Testimonial and photos
- Engage in regular coordination with stakeholders
- Properly use Company business systems such as CRM and ERP to ensure time is tracked for payroll and customer billing whether billable to the customer or not
- Track and report weekly metrics for all product delivery
- Monitor the status of Paid Completions and report any delays to management
- Report any software bugs to all software vendors
- 3-5 years project management experience
- Experience with inventory control
- Experience with Point of Sale (POS) systems (Optional)
- Aptitude to learn new systems and understand the business
Experience with SQL
Experience with Delphi (PLUS)
Possess knowledge of various operating systems
Experience with Project Management extending to planning and software implementation.
Software training/consulting experience
Experience with CounterPoint POS preferred, but not required
Strong knowledge of Windows NT/2000/XP and other operating systems
- Strong knowledge of computer/hardware networking
Skills and Qualifications Needed to be Successful:
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Excellent technical knowledge.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong leadership abilities.
- A desire to improve the quantity and quality of the division’s valuable final products, as posted on the Company Organizing Board.
- The ability to multi-task.
- Good knowledge of retailing and retail operations.
- Excellent problem solving abilities.
- Personal aptitude to solving problems
- High intelligence, perseverance, orderliness, and responsibility
- Drive toward and satisfaction in the attainment of goals
- Calmness and endurance under stressful conditions
- Consistency and predictability in the regular attendance to duty
- Individual initiative as well as participation in group efforts
- Correct estimation of specific circumstances
- An absence of nonconstructive or ill-considered criticism, while demonstrating fairness, empathy, and appreciation toward fellow workers.
- Reliable transportation with Company minimum insurance rates.
One Step Retail Solutions is looking for career-minded individuals who wish to create a positive impact in the world of retail technology. With offices in Phoenix, Los Angeles, Boston and New York, our rapidly expanding offers growth potential and opportunities for both seasoned professionals and those looking to advance their careers.
It's our mission to help retailers worldwide flourish and prosper by providing technology solutions and professional services that help them effectively manage their customers, sales, and merchandise. In its commitment to long-term expansion and enhanced service to customers and community, our standards of employee skill, competence, and teamwork are and shall remain among the highest in the field.
We are a passionate group that values collaboration and creativity! At One Step, there is great potential for growth in an ever-expanding industry. Many on the One Step team have been with the company for 15-20 + years!
Life at One Step wouldn't be the same without our company events. We have monthly birthday and anniversary celebrations, regular holiday parties and charity outreach programs.
We promote a healthy work-life balance. Vacation time increases with your longevity with the company. We also offer sick time and paid holidays.
Our team members are offered a variety of comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance plans. We also have 401K and life insurance so you can plan for your future on your own terms.
What We Offer You:
• Paid vacation and sick time
• Health, Dental, Vision, Life
• Aflac Supplemental Insurance
• Professional growth and development
• Monthly birthday/anniversary celebrations
• Other company events and parties
• Positive, supportive work environment
• Healthy work/life balance
Role: Technical Implementation Specialist - AZ
Apply for this job now.