Our Client is looking to hire a stellar Commercial Construction Estimator. We are a highly motivated, relationship driven General Contractor based in Stockton, CA. Due to our progressive growth, an opportunity is available for a skilled Estimator who is able to jump in feet first, into a variety of commercial, industrial and educational construction projects.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities: Coordinate and perform pre-construction tasks with current & potential clients, architects, engineers and subcontractors for assigned projects in a manner consistent with the Company policy, procedures and ethical code.
- Develop and maintain relationships with open and frequent communication to all estimators, project managers, superintendents, subcontractors, vendors, owners and clients.
- Assess needs, and gather information from multiple stakeholders at the onset of a new project.
- Create and prepare new projects in our system and notify appropriate team members once completed.
- Frequently handle/oversee 150 - 200 projects in a year.
- Review specifications and plans to determine the scope of work on projects.
- Work with the construction team throughout the pre-construction process in reviewing plans and specifications for constructability issues, and determining general requirements on the project.
- Compare contract specifications to submitted bids to ensure that factors like size, quantity, color, and timing are aligned with customer specifications.
- Coordinate subcontractor bids in early budgeting phases and final/hard bid scenarios, including preparing bid invitations, reviewing incoming bids for scope and pricing, scheduling site visits with subcontractors to review the scope of projects, acquiring best pricing from subcontractors & suppliers, and developing bid presentations.
- Research and qualify new subcontractors and suppliers, and maintain the lists of preferred subcontractors and suppliers.
- Foster an environment of reliable safety, accuracy, and completeness in pre-bid meetings and on job sites.
- Create and prepare takeoffs, estimates, and proposals to be submitted to ownership effectively with the right amount of detail and explanation of individual components, of the budget.
- Prepare project documents, material release schedules, client information, budgets, project schedules and other documentation to assure a steady stream of information for the hand-off to Project Managers.
- Conduct gap analysis when projects close, comparing actual costs to anticipated costs, profits, and timelines; makes recommendations for future bids; communicates lessons learned to all appropriate parties to prevent mistakes and repetitive problems; seek out ways to improve scheduling, quality, efficiency, communication and procedure.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:-
- Required: 3+ years' experience in Commercial Construction Estimating.
- High School Diploma or equivalent. (Higher education may count towards years of experience at employer's discretion).
- Classes in project management, construction, costing or analysis will be heavily weighed; exposure to or experience in architecture, engineering, construction or project management is a plus.
- Extensive experience with detailed plan review and quantity surveys.
- Accounting and/or costing experience required.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Proven ability to work well in a team.
- Solid communication skills required; ability to assertively and respectfully push for information.
- Must be proficient in MS Office/Project/Outlook, and Dropbox.
- Preferred proficiency in Procore, as well as Building Connected.
- Position requires ability to learn new software programs within a reasonable timeframe of hire. (i.e. Procore, Building Connected, and other bid solicitation or purchasing programs).
- Valid CA Driver's License.
- Successful completion of drug screening, background check, criminal history review, education verification and applicable skills assessments.
Powered by JazzHR