Housekeeping staff for 117 beachside lodging units on a military installation. Housekeepers drive electric carts from cabin to cabin and spend a lot of time in the outdoors.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Maintains lodging facilities in an orderly and clean manner. Vacuum cleans rugs and draperies. Sweeps, mops, strips, scrubs, waxes, and polishes floors using industrial type power equipment. Adjusts and changes buffers, brushes and other attachments on power equipment. Dusts, waxes, and polishes furniture. Dusts ledges and woodwork. Empties ashtrays and wastebaskets. Polishes door knobs and other metal fixtures. Cleans glass partitions inside and outside windows, using stepladders and extension ladders. Cleans mirrors and water fountains. Replaces deodorizers, toilet tissue, hand towels, and soap. Reports water leaks, clogged drains, and other conditions requiring maintenance to supervisor. Maintains supply of cleaning materials and advises supervisor when more and other conditions requiring maintenance to supervisor. Maintains supply of cleaning materials and advises supervisor when more supplies are needed, or when equipment needs repair or replacement. Drives government vehicles from one work area to another.
2. Performs seasonal tasks as required; such as, applying ice control material to entrances of buildings, shoveling snow, picking up litter around buildings, mowing grass, and watering lawns around buildings.
3. Performs other related duties as assigned.
CONTROLS OVER WORK
Work is assigned either orally or through written work schedule from supervisor who provides only general instructions on the work to be done. Incumbent plans sequence of tasks and selects equipment and cleaning agents.
OTHER SIGNIFICANT FACTS
1. Skills and Knowledge: Must know the proper uses of a variety of special cleaning and sanitizing solutions and how to remove different kinds of stains from a wide variety of surfaces. Must be able to clean and make adjustments to power cleaning equipment.
2. Physical Effort: Moderately heavy physical effort is required. The incumbent must move and control heavy equipment, carry and set up ladders and scaffolding, and work from ladders. Frequently lifts and moves objects weighing 40 pounds, and occasionally objects weighing over 50 pounds. Scrubs, strips, and waxes and polishes floors using heavy industrial powered scrubbers and buffers. Work requires the physical ability to handle and control heavy powered equipment, and to clean and make adjustments to the powered cleaning equipment. Work requires walking, bending, lifting, and scooping.
3. Working Conditions: Usually works indoors and occasionally outdoors. In contact with strong cleaning agents. Danger of falls on slippery surfaces or when working on ladders and when using heavy power equipment.
Must have experience in the proper use of cleaning and sanitizing solutions. Must be able to clean and make adjustments to powered cleaning equipment. Must be able to perform the full range of cleaning duties. Must be able to follow oral and/or written instructions involving duties with several distinct tasks or steps. Must be physically able to occasionally lift and carry objects weighing 50 pounds or more. Must be able to satisfactorily complete a pre-employment physical. Must be able to continuously stand, bend, stoop, and reach for long periods of time. Must be able to satisfactorily complete and maintain a National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI). Requires a valid driver's license and must maintain a safe driving record.
Bellows is the premier destination for Military and DoD employees on Oahu.
Role: Custodial Worker
Apply for this job now.