Head of Finance and Business Administration
Cartref Ni is a not-for-profit organisation and a registered charity, that provides 24/7 support to adults with learning disabilities and/or physical disabilities enabling them to live in their own home in the counties of Conwy, Denbighshire, and Flintshire.
With offices located in St Asaph in North Wales, we have been operating for more than 30 years and are proud of our 145 colleagues including many longstanding employees, who support people to be as independent as possible, to fulfil their potential, be part of their communities and to live their dreams.
The Role - Head of Finance and Business Administration
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer and working as part of a hands on and collaborative team, you will be the Corporate Appointee within the charity, and will lead the management and development of the following key areas:
- IT systems and support
- Business administration
Whilst the responsibility areas highlighted above will require you to take a strategic approach, you will also be hands on with duties as part of your team with 3 colleagues.
Our Requirements - Head of Finance and Business Administration
- Financial and administrative management and leadership experience
- Degree and professional financial qualification and membership of professional body such as CIPFA, CIMA or ACCA
- Extensive working knowledge of Microsoft in particular Word, also Excel at an advanced level
- Working knowledge of Sage Line 50 and Sage Payroll
- Good knowledge of HR issues
- Experience in and ability to motivate and lead a team, although must have willingness to be an active part of a team not just to lead
- Proven experience of developing and implementing strategies and plan
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Although not essential, working knowledge of charity financial reporting requirements including SORP, VAT and GDPR, would be highly advantageous.
Due to the nature of our organisation, the successful applicant will be subject to a DBS check.
As the Head of Finance and Business Administration, you will benefit from:
- Permanent contract
- Full time hours, Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm
- Salary in the region of £40,000 to £45,000 with the level based on experience and qualifications
- Generous annual leave allowance increasing with service.
- Staff rewards scheme with retail discount perks, cycle to work and computer purchase scheme
You'll be working at our offices in St Asaph, conveniently located near to the A55. Some flexibility for part home working will be considered.
All applications for this Head of Finance and Business Administration vacancy are to be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions.