- Ensure quotations are completed and approved in a timely manner, per the quotation procedure.
- Monitor new programs to make sure the budgeted numbers are achieved.
- Develop program time lines and maintain them.
- Work with internal and external teams to ensure the proper tools, fixtures, and additional equipment is in place to meet the required productivity, quality objectives, and cost objectives.
- Be a part of tooling, fixtures, gauges, and other equipment development and design. Ensuring that ABC Technologies will be able to meet productivity requirements, quality objectives, and cost objectives.
- Work with External Operating Processes to make sure that all material testing, part testing, and CMM are completed in a timely manner and in accordance with the Customer Specific Requirements.
- Communicate with the ABC Technologies team and the customer to ensure both parties are aware of the program status.
- Champion APQP events concerning programs that you are over seeing and participate in other APQP events that other engineers are over seeing.
- Develop and implement APQP documents such as Flow Chart, PFMEA, Standardized Work Instructions, Open Issues List, and other documentation utilizing a team approach.
- Coordinate with the Customer and the Quality Department to ensure that all PPAP documentation is completed and delivered in a timely manner.
- Ensure that quality and engineering has reviewed and deemed all prototype parts correct and delivered to the customer according to their schedule.
- Ensure that all aspects of the Project Engineering Department are in full compliance with the Quality System established and they are being followed.
- Conduct process studies and make recommendations to the team that will improve process, machine, and material improvements to enhance manufacturing and maintenance efficiencies.
- Utilize 5S, Lean Manufacturing, and Standard Work to improve manufacturing efficiencies, floor space, and house keeping
- Participate in development of the annual business plan, long range plan, and other action oriented plans as directed by management.
- Ensure that you are always in compliance with the established work rules and procedures regarding performance, work, etc.…
- Must be able to travel from time to time to assist with customer and / or quality issues.
ABC Technologies and Salga Plastics are part of an award-winning, global company, recognized for innovative products and processes. ABC Group is a Canadian-based manufacturer of Automotive Plastic Processed products (Tier 1 supplier) working with the premier OEM's of the automotive industry. ABC Technologies is a blow molding and plastic injection molding manufacturer of under the hood and interior automotive parts and is located in Gallatin, TN.
Role: Project Engineer Automotive
Apply for this job now.