Company: ORANGE COUNTY HOSPITALS - SIGNATURE HEALTH CARE
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Anaheim Community Hospital will be opening in Autumn of 2021!
We have an exciting opportunity for a CFO to join our team as we prepare for our upcoming opening.
As our CFO, you will have the opportunity to truly drive change by building working relationships with care professionals and physicians to guarantee patient satisfaction. You are seen as a strategic partner to the CEO and work as a team to optimize operational efficiency across multiple departments. If you are looking for a chance to lead, grow, and change lives, youre in the right place.
How We Help
We are a licensed, 100-bed acute care hospital specializing in behavioral health.
Our mission is to assist patients in returning to their lives with the highest level of mental health.
Our highly trained and dedicated staff work as a team, creating individualized treatment plans aimed at effectively addressing behavioral health needs and improving the quality of life for our patients and their families. All of our staff are dedicated to providing compassionate and quality care for every Hospital patient and his or her family.
- Ensures that monthly financial statements are completed timely and accurately
- Ensures that all balance sheet accounts are reconciled on a monthly basis and in compliance with company policies and standards and that any outstanding variances are identified and corrected timely.
- Prepares corporate required reports (including the Monthly Operating Report, Forecasts) timely and accurately.
- Directs the operations of the Revenue Cycle to ensure that accounts receivable are collected timely and uncompensated care is kept to a minimum. Strives to achieve goals for cash collections and AR days and to reduce bad debt and denials. Routinely reviews revenue cycle metrics to proactively identify and address issues affecting the overall performance
- Is actively involved in ensuring Front End Revenue Cycle processes are in place including ensuring the insurance verification is completed on 100% of patients, working with the Financial Counselor to ensure proper determination of patient portions and approval of any discounts or charity and proper logging of upfront collections.
- Supervises Accounting, Patient Accounting, Health Information Management, Materials Management and other departments assigned by the CEO. These departments may include but are not limited to, Health Information Management, Materials Management, and Human Resources. Ensures the department is adequately staffed and trained.
- Prepares annual capital budgets and Capital Equipment Requests. Ensures assets and related depreciation is recorded accurately and in compliance with company policies
- Provides financial leadership and guidance to facility managers. Trains managers on financial matters and provides routine feedback regarding department performance
- Regularly makes rounds and interacts with patients to ensure patient
- Maintains current knowledge of healthcare industry trends and changes and ensures the facility is prepared and compliant.
- Works as a partner with the CEO and ensures that there is an open line of communication and positive interaction.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or business-related field with a major in Accounting
- Minimum 4 years successful CFO/Controller or related experience in a healthcare setting required
- Previous general hospital experience highly preferred
- CPA or Masters degree a plus
- Experience working with information technology and proficiency with software packages including Excel and Word
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Ability to lead with a high degree of emotional intelligence and ethics
What We Are Looking For
- Passion for helping others
- Pride in the quality of your work
- Inclusive Leadership style
- Honesty and integrity
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance