Role and Responsibilities
· Operates heavy equipment of various sizes and weights. (Examples: bulldozer, forklift, motorgrader, wheel loader, back hoe, etc...)
· Unload and load materials as assigned.
· Moves equipment / vehicles to various areas on the yard; for maintenance, washing/detailing, pictures, etc.
· Performs Pressure Washer / Detailer duties as assigned
· Properly follows company policies and safety procedures and all federal and state regulations as required.
· Follow daily procedures and protocols as set forth in job orientation and trainings.
· Performs routine inspection and preventative maintenance on assigned equipment and refers defects or needed repairs to the supervisor.
· Facility Maintenance as assigned: mowing, weed eating, garbage, facility clean up including sweeping/mopping/vacuuming, bathroom clean up and stocking as needed, other facility maintenance as assigned.
· Assist Inventory as needed; Data Entry, checking items in and out at the gate
· Assist Photography as needed and assigned
· Assists where needed on tasks on the yard and other areas of the company.
· Flexibility with work schedule.
Required Education and experience
· A valid driver’s license.
· CDL is a plus and preferred
· High school diploma or GED equivalent is required.
· At least 2 years of proven work experience is required.
· At least 6 months of proven heavy equipment experience is required.
· Mechanic helper experience is a plus.
· Must be capable of driving a standard vehicle
· Capable of being trained on the essential functions of the job.
· Good communication skills
· Forklift experience preferred
· While performing duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles and moving equipment. The employee is exposed to a variety of extreme weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud
· Various types of PPE may be required for some tasks and in some areas of the workplace.
· The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift or move items up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift or move item up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
· This is a full-time position.
· Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm, 40 hours per week.
· Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
· Time schedules are subject to change at the discretion of management.
· Occasional travel is required
· Email and/or phone communication capability is needed.
· Dependable transportation to and from work.
· Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
EXPERIENCE THE DIFFERENCE!
At Jeff Martin Auctioneers, Inc., we specialize in conducting absolute and public auctions. Our auctions contain construction equipment, industrial machinery and equipment, farm equipment, and transportation assets.
Jeff Martin Auctioneers, Inc. is here to fully service ALL your auction needs. No auction is too big or too small for us to handle! Our corporate headquarters is located right here in Brooklyn, Mississippi, 20 miles south of Hattiesburg, 45 miles north of Gulfport along Hwy. 49. This permanent 22-acre auction site, with an all-weather climate controlled auction arena, is where Jeff Martin Auctioneers, Inc. holds several auctions throughout the year. We also host numerous auctions at customer sites throughout the US. Jeff Martin Auctioneers, Inc. even offers online bidding for most of our auctions. This allows you to participate in our auctions from anywhere around the world.
Jeff Martin Auctioneers, Inc. conducts business with true southern hospitality! We pride ourselves on ALWAYS giving the best individual customer service where the buyers and sellers are treated like family.
Role: Set-Up Team - SC
Apply for this job now.