ROLE: Family Solicitor
Purpose of the job
* To undertake the full spectrum of Family work and provide a profitable contribution to the
* To ensure the successful development of the firm in line with the group and firm business
Key responsibilities (not an exhaustive list)
* Conduct of matters on behalf of clients accurately, reliably and in accordance with the firm's quality
and risk management procedures (Lexcel and SRA Code of conduct).
* To generate fee income and ensure proper control of time recording, work in progress, billing
and cash collection in line with agreed targets unless exceptional circumstances apply.
* Take an active part in business development opportunities on behalf of the team and firm.
* Supervision and support of fee earning work undertaken by colleagues to cover absence and
holidays for example.
* Supervision of other fee earning colleagues if required.
* Participation in marketing activities whether on a firm wide, group or office basis.
* Attend clients both in person and on the telephone and to provide such support in a
professional and friendly manner in keeping with the firm's standards for client care.
* Manage the preparation of correspondence and documents through the case management
* Manage filing in both the paper and Seneca file which may include filing and the opening,
closing, storage and retrieval of client files in accordance with the procedures contained in
the office manual and the utilisation of Infotrak system.
* Attendance and participation at group meetings.
* Be effective in developing new work from existing clients and seek new clients for themselves
* Maintain and nurture an appropriate network of contacts and referrers and endeavour to
promote the firm in your professional and personal life.
* Gain and maintain good IT and telephone skills appropriate to modern legal practice; such
as the ability to use the case management system and other standard applications, record
time, use e-mail, conduct research on the internet and use office facilities and the phone
Skills & attitude
* In tune with the firm's mission statement and core values and committed to demonstrating
and developing these.
* A team player within the group and firm as a whole.
* Efficient, well organised, and timely.
* Effective communicator by telephone, face to face and in writing.
* Admitted as a solicitor or legal executive or equivalent
* Experience and relevant qualifications for the group
* 2 years PQE