COUNSELOR-3 JOB DESCRIPTION
- New Season operates a number of nationally recognized and accredited methadone treatment centers dedicated to helping individuals with prescription drug abuse and/or opiate addiction regain control of their lives.
- We take great pride in treating our patients with dignity and respect in each phase of their treatment experience
- Works with patients to complete all intakes, admissions, discharges, and transfer paperwork.
- Documents patient progress through counseling and interaction through groups.
- Completes patient psychosocial and an individualized treatment plan within the required time frame.
- Identifies any clinical/case management needs and works to address those needs.
- Performs individual, group, and family counseling as required.
- Performs at least 20 hours of direct one-on-one patient contact per week through individual or group counseling.
- Reports patient abuse, neglect and exploitation as required.
- Reports patient grievances as required.
- Educates patient in all aspects of treatment, corresponding health issues and steps to recovery.
- Obtains Urine Drug Screens and initial patient photo identification.
- Assists in monitoring all patient activities on center premises.
- Actively participates in community relations activities as directed and authorized.
- Ensures the reading and understanding of the Policy and Procedures Manual.
- Ensures compliance with 42 CFR Part 2 (Federal Confidentiality Regulations) and 45 CFR, Parts 160 & 164 (HIPAA)
- Is responsible for obtaining or maintaining proper licensure and/or certification according to specific state requirements.
- Actively participates in preparation for surveys and inspections conducted by CARF, the State, DEA, Board of Pharmacy and any other agency site visits as dictated by the state laws or regulations.
- Participates in all staff meetings
- Ensures compliance with local, State, Federal and Colonial Management Group, LP rules, regulations and policies.
- Always acts in the best interests of the program and company; honors, supports, and protects the proprietary data and rights of the company.
- Performs other tasks as assigned by clinic, region or corporate leadership.
- Experience in substance abuse field is not required, but preferred
- Qualified candidates will have a counseling Certification in a related field (State Specific)
- Bachelor's degree is preferred but not required
- Experience Required:
- Minimum of 500 hours of experience in substance abuse is preferred
- Skill and Ability:
- Must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and be dependable and reliable
- Basic mathematics skills
- Competitive Pay
- 3 weeks of PTO
- Excellent Medical (EPO & PPO plans), Dental, and Vision Insurance
- FSA's and Teladoc services
- Life Insurance
- Short/Long Term Disability
- 401k with up to 6% matching
- Leadership Development Academy
- Colonial Management Group, LP./New Season Is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all Federal, State, and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, national origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, genetic disposition, disability or veteran's status or any other classification protected by State/Federal laws
New Season is a leading provider of specialized quality care for opioid drug use management and recovery, operating since 1986 with more than 68 treatment centers in 20 states nationwide. We support the education and understanding of addiction as a disease, so that more patients and communities can find the care they need to focus on and overcome the current national opioid epidemic.
Addictive illness is a chronic brain disease that can be addressed with treatment and treatment works. Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT) programs and the medications used today have been studied and proven to be highly successful in recovery over years of research.
At New Season, our programs use the latest science to create a comprehensive plan for patients that include MAT, counseling and medical services. Programs are customized to the patients' needs and services are delivered in a way that respects the dignity, value and self-worth of every individual. We are committed to each of our patients' success stories.
To learn more about how you can be a difference maker in your community, apply for immediate consideration.
Role: Substance Abuse Counselor
Apply for this job now.