Job Title: Quality Control Manager
Reports To: Director of Quality
Position Summary: The quality control manager uses a variety of testing and management systems to ensure products are manufactured in accordance with good manufacturing practices.
- Approve or reject all procedures, specifications, test methods and results that impact the purity, quality and composition of an ingredient or product.
- Approve or reject all raw materials, in-process materials, packaging and labeling materials and finished products, including contract-manufactured products, based upon conformance to established specifications.
- Approve all raw materials, in-process materials, packaging components, labeling, product, formula and master production records.
- ·Ensure review of completed manufacturing records before release of finished product for distribution.
- May assist with customer complaints and ensure that quality related complaints are investigated and any follow up actions are documented.
- Perform internal and supplier/manufacturer audits.
- Approve raw material suppliers, contract manufacturers and contract laboratories.
- Ensure effective systems are in place for maintaining and calibrating critical equipment.
- Perform product quality reviews.
- Responsible for monitoring the overall cleaning and sanitation program, as the dedicated Sanitation Supervisor.
- Supervisors’ entry level staff including but not limited to training, disciplinary action, and conducting performance evaluations.
- Responsible for providing standard operating procedures for departments under direct supervision.
- Will provide necessary facility information for certifications.
- ·Responsible for annual and semiannual audit preparation.
- Other duties as assigned
- Responsible for technical understanding of job specific decisions.
- Receive projects, prioritize, plan, and complete job functions.
- Balanced thinking and action long term strategic planning and short term execution.
- Ability to evaluate priorities and able to transition when priorities change.
- Analyze and create better methods for completing production related functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 4 years’ experience in related field
- Associate’s degree (A.A or A.S) or equivalent from college or technical school; or related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Extensive Microsoft Excel experience
- Experience in vitamin nutraceutical field
- Experience in a cGMP Facility
Role: Quality Control Manager (Nutraceutical Field)
Apply for this job now.