Engagement Principal, Technology - Comcast Global Audit Team
Responsible for performing quarterly audit engagements year-round to help identify and manage risks to the business.Primary Responsibilities:
Play a leading role with the engagement team throughout each phase (i.e., planning, execution, and reporting). With our standard engagement cadence, the individual in this role will gain broad exposure to our businesses and technologies. Team members work collaboratively and independently to conduct audits across company technologies (e.g., physical, network, application, system, data). Provides leadership and direction for multiple functional areas. Manages professionals at manager, supervisor and professional levels. Ensures appropriate resources to achieve financial and business objectives. Influences, shapes, and integrates strategy for functional area(s).Core Abilities: What You Deliver
How You Deliver
- Assumes accountability for audit plan execution by managing staff during engagements of varying complexity and scope.
- Defines project scope and timeframe for approval by internal audit leadership and proactively leads audit planning efforts.
- Leads the design, development and maintenance of a comprehensive engagement plan.
- Provides leadership and direction for the engagement team to ensures that fieldwork is properly conducted and completed in accordance with the audit plan, staff is supervised, work is reviewed, and follow-up work is performed, as necessary; findings are communicated to internal audit and business management.
- Performs thorough inquiry and data analysis to understand complex security and technology operations, and manages the planning efforts for the engagement timeframe and scope.
- Analyzes and assess the entity level impact of engagement observations and identifies themes across multiple engagements/entities.
- Ensures the team applies appropriate audit procedures to the areas reviewed to ensure that controls are tested and all significant risks are addressed.
- Ensures that controls are tested, risks vetted, and leads staff in the evaluation of internal control design and identification of risks.
- Ensures clear meaningful audit comments and recommendations for action by management, as well as concise and insightful engagement reports and issue summaries.
- Ensures audit reports and other audit documentation are developed timely and with high quality.
- Evaluates audit findings, recommends solutions for correcting control weaknesses, and prioritizes areas for management focus.
- Keeps internal audit and business management informed of audit findings, engagement status and important issues as they arise.
- Offers management oversight, training, review, and guidance to the staff.
- Measures and evaluates the effectiveness of operational and technology internal control systems and related risk impact on auditee.
- Provides ongoing feedback on work completion and performance to team members and direct reports.
- Contributes to the operation and management of the department in areas such as recruiting, staffing, scheduling, budgeting, organization performance metrics, presentations to management, and training.
- Identifies opportunities for improvement to audit methodology, tools, and training.
- Supports department objectives and performs other duties and responsibilities, as assigned.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
How You Partner
- Conducts audit activities with both internal and external customers in mind when identifying control issues and business risks.
- Demonstrates the ability to quickly relate complex business processes, applications, data, and organizations to identify and resolve business issues.
- Stays current on changing rules and regulations (both in the industry and profession) as well as relevant business risks (e.g., current events, audit trends, emerging technologies, cyber security, etc.), and determines where appropriate to apply to engagements or to department.
- Performs effectively as a leader within internal audit.
- Maintains a strong executive presence and demonstrates the ability to develop and maintain executive relationships.
- Maintains a continuous presence with clients by leading management meetings to understand business strategies, challenges, and risks.
- Shows flexibility in prioritizing and completing tasks, and allocating/re-allocating work across engagement team members, or stepping in to support execution as appropriate, and proactively resolves issues.
- Motivates engagement team members to deliver high quality work on time.
- Exercises consistent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Exhibits willingness to tackle new areas and challenging topics.
- Demonstrates the ability to work in a complex, dynamic, diverse, and fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrates ownership for engagements and is accountable for ensuring all work is complete and/or requesting assistance as needed.
- Acts in accordance with stated internal audit and company policies and practices, and maintains the highest degree of integrity in all activities and interactions, and acts as a role model to cascade this behavior to his/her teams.
- Displays regular, consistent, and punctual attendance. Able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s), as necessary.
How You Develop
- Fosters a team oriented environment and helps with the development of a diverse and highly motivated professional staff with a passion for excellence, by providing meaningful and challenging assignments.
- Exhibits strong interpersonal skills including written and verbal communications, and an ability to collaborate with others.
- Leverages audit to educate management on policies/procedures, best practices, government and legal requirements, and emerging company or business unit risks.
- Shows respect to other team members and clients in all interactions.
- Demonstrates a willingness to assist other team members in areas outside of direct assignments, when necessary.
- Collaborates and leads in a virtual environment to complete projects with team members in various locations. However, the employee must be available for extended hours, as needed and be willing to travel extensively, sometimes with little notice based on the needs of clients and/or business.
- Partners with internal audit teams (e.g., FinOps, SOX, and Data) across engagement activities.
- Develops business partnerships proactively.
- Includes business partners and other risk functions in engagement activities (e.g., CISO, Legal, Human Resources, Security, and Business Assurance) as needed.
- Provides coaching, guidance, and development to engagement teams and direct reports.
- Coaches engagement team members to develop audit and business knowledge.
- Assists engagement team in developing their understanding of relevant business risks and trains team on how to consider when planning and executing engagements.
Educational, Experience, and Skill Requirements:
- Utilizes available resources and tools to expand knowledge to enhance work product.
- Exhibits a commitment to continuously self-improve by working with leadership to leverage strengths and focus on areas of development.
- Gains knowledge of advanced data analytics and cyber security concepts, and stays up to date on new and emerging technologies and risks, and applies to engagements.
- Assists team members and direct reports with furthering their own development.
- Seeks to be a business expert within the Center of Excellence and provides assurance to Company management as necessary.
- Develops an enterprise risk mindset by applying relevant business risks (e.g., current events, audit trends, emerging technologies, cyber security, etc.)
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Math, Engineering, Economics, Business, and/or related Business field(s) of study.
- Professional certification (e.g., CCNA, CISSP or COMPTIA), technical certification(s), or advanced degree (e.g., Master's Degree) is strongly preferred.
- 10+ years of experience, internal and/or external IT audit experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of Cable, Media, or Telecom industry experience is a plus.
- Experience working with data analytics, cyber controls, and/or robotic process automation (RPA) tools is a plus.
- Out-of-town travel approximately 40%.
Role: Engagement Principal - Tech Audit
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Barnet, London,
Apply for this job now.