Our team is looking for a brilliant backend developer with 3+ years of experience to bring a mix of true grit and solid craftsmanship to our growing team. Day-to-day you will work with other world-class engineers to design, code, test, and deploy amazing features. Crayon is a product-driven company, and every line of code you contribute will help move the vision forward.
What We're Looking For
- High-Wattage. You are smart, curious, and excited about digging in and moving fast.
- Entrepreneurial. You are creative, versatile, and driven. You are willing to take risks in pursuit of a grand vision. You see things not just for what they are, but what they could be.
- Self-Motivated and Independent. You don’t wait for instructions. You can create structure and operate effectively with incomplete information.
- User-centric. You're a developer who thinks like an end user. You have a passion for bringing amazing user experiences to life through code.
- Collaborative. You recognize that the best ideas are often the result of a group effort. You communicate the right details to the right coworkers in engineering and beyond.
- Ambitious. You’re psyched to tackle hard problems in the name of building a significant, lasting product. You want to keep learning and moving your career forward.
- Detail-oriented. You always account for edge cases. You never drop the ball. Your colleagues trust your work. If you spot something askew in code, you fix it or file it.
- Skilled in Your Craft. You keep abreast of trends and best practices in software engineering. You look things up or ask colleagues when you are unsure.
- Honorable. You do the right thing, and you treat others with respect.
About the Job
- Work with product managers and UX designers to solve and implement fascinating user stories.
- Architect and maintain backend systems.
- Contribute ideas during regular planning / ideation meetings.
- Develop new features using modern frameworks and technologies.
- Learn from a team of seasoned, world-class engineers.
- Build tests and write documentation alongside each new feature to help maintain our platform and culture of quality.
- Push and deploy code to production daily.
- Conceive and prototype new product ideas.
- Minimum of 3 years of industry experience in engineering.
- Fluent in at least one major programming language.
- Experience architecting and implementing reliable, performant, high-scale web applications and distributed systems.
- Strong knowledge of database fundamentals.
- Experience with machine learning frameworks is a plus.
Working at Crayon
Crayon HQ is conveniently located near South Station in Boston.
We aspire to make millions of customers happy and generate billions of dollars in enterprise value in the process.
We are product-driven and customer-driven. We care a lot about building a great product and we care a lot about creating massive value for customers.
We believe marketing & sales teams can get massive leverage by systematically ingesting data from their external environment and mining that data for actionable intel. That might not be obvious today, but we believe it will be obvious in a decade.
We only hire awesom-azing people.
We are passionately opposed to politics, bureaucracy and bs.
We have a no jerks policy.
We get free snacks & beer & stuff like that, we do happy hours and events, but that's not why we work here.
We get high fives any time we want them... we laugh, we cry, we have fun.
We're venture backed. We've partnered with some of the best investors in the world.
Crayon tracks over 160 million pages across millions of companies, and surfaces actionable intel for sales & marketing teams. If you want to learn more, go sign up or check out our about page.
Competitive Salary. We pay at or above market.
Equity. You’re early to the party at Crayon and we want you to be a shareholder in the company.
Medical & Dental Insurance. We have good health & dental plans through Blue Cross Blue Shield of MA.
Top-Notch Equipment. Top of the line Macbook Pro, monitor, and any other equipment you need.
Other stuff. We work in a beautiful office, you get unlimited snacks & beer & stuff like that, you get high fives any time you want them, we do happy hours and events, we laugh, we cry, we have fun. Our office is across the street from South Station.
Unlimited vacation. We don’t track vacation days... you take time off when you need it.
We're honored to be one of the best places to work in Boston!
Role: Software Engineer
Apply for this job now.