We are looking for a talented Visual/UI Designer, who takes pride in creating great mobile products and experiences, to join our growing User Centred Design department. This is a fantastic opportunity to own the visual language of our apps and alongside a multi-disciplinary squad, help drive and expand the development and success of our iOS and android applications.
You will be an internal advocate for the user and will work closely with product, development, and creative design teams to ensure our apps are frictionless and delight our users.
The ideal candidate should have an eye for detail and great design, possess superior visual design skills, be able to translate high-level requirements into best-in-class interaction flows, and transform those into, intuitive user interfaces.
Creating and documenting visual designs that effectively communicate product function and brand identity should be second nature.
As part of the visual design team, you will be a proactive Owner/guardian of the visual identity, championing the brand and its consistent delivery across the business.
- Work collaboratively and build successful relationships within the mobile app squad, UCD department and wider business to better inform design solutions
- Iterate and improve designs based on evidence and sound rational
- Support development teams with clear hand over and documentation
- Conform and contribute to organisational design standards
- Working to brand, design guidelines and pattern libraries. Comfortable to challenge and evolve when required
- Work end to end on solutions from concept creation through to working with developers to ensure the design work is effectively implemented and looks great
- With the squad adopt a user-centred approach, being passionate about ideas and design but not precious about your solution.
- Help shape the UI design within HL
- Collaborate and support the UI team to ensure consistency across platforms and develop the teams design approach.
- Present complex information and concepts in a clear and articulate manner
- Share work with colleagues for critique, provide constructive, actionable critique on the work of others and facilitate critique sessions
- Proactively share knowledge effecting positive change across the UI team and wider UCD department
- Have excellent knowledge of established design and interaction patterns
- Passion for interface design and interaction, keeping up-to-date with digital trends, techniques and emerging UI patterns
- Excellent attention to detail, with excellent visual design knowledge and experience
- Set up and run collaborative design workshops
- Clearly articulate design decisions and rational to stakeholders and wider business
- Produce testable prototypes using appropriate tools and methods
- Create and document on brand reusable components, building and monitoring library's for both iOS and Android
- Working knowledge of mobile app development
Why Hargreaves Lansdown
Here at Hargreaves Lansdown, we're the UK's number 1 investment platform for private investors, based in Bristol. For more than 40 years we've helped investors save time, tax and money on their investments.
To achieve our mission, we believe we have a workplace like no other, with constant learning, dynamic teams and a great ethos. We're steered by core values that promote service, quality, innovation, and opportunity in everything we do.
WHAT'S ON OFFER?
- Performance-related annual bonus scheme
- 25* days holiday, plus 8 bank holidays, plus 1 day additional Christmas closure time
- Option to purchase up to an additional 5 days holiday each year
- Pension scheme - up to 19% contribution
- Flexible working options available
- Enhanced parental leave benefits
- Variety of travel to work schemes, including season ticket loans and cycle to work
- Bike storage and shower facilities
- Employee assistance programme
- Volunteering opportunities
- Annual events, activities and sports groups
- Smart casual dress policy and dress down Fridays
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't tick every box. If you're excited about working for us, and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need!
Hargreaves Lansdown is an inclusive employer that values diversity in its workforce. We encourage applications from all individuals without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
This role may also be available on a flexible working or part time basis - please ask the Recruitment&Onboarding team for more information.
Please note, we are unable to provide employment sponsorship to candidates.