Workshop Manager - Norwich - Full Time / Permanent. Excellent Salary and benefits.
We are working on behalf of an established Chemical Engineering company in Norwich. We currently have an immediate full-time vacancy for a Workshop Manager. We are seeking applications for this excellent opportunity. We are looking for an enthusiastic, highly driven and experienced problem solver with exceptional communication and leadership skills. Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Workshop Manager is responsible for safe and effective leadership of the workshop technicians to provide resource support across key areas of the business.
- Line management experience from an industrial workplace with high hazard environments, with knowledge of applicable regulations and safe systems of work in industrial environments
- Strong leadership and able to provide examples of dealing with both a large maintenance team and individuals to achieve excellent service to stakeholders
- Experience of developing team members' competence, capabilities, motivation and driving forward a maintenance team
- Effective deployment of maintenance best practises to improve plant reliability
- Generation of procedures, method statements, or instructions for maintenance tasks
- Multi-tasking / pragmatic decision making - using reliability data to identify improvement needs
- Relevant mechanical experience of fixed and rotating equipment
- Electrical experience to ensure effective interaction with ECI disciplines
- Exceptional communication skills, ability to engage with direct reports, customers, management and other stakeholders enthusiastically and effectively to deliver results
In addition to a competitive salary the following benefits are on offer.
- 25 days' annual leave plus Bank Holidays.
- Group Personal Pension scheme.
- Contributory Private Healthcare scheme.
- Life Assurance
- Cycle to Work scheme.
- Free, onsite car parking
This is a full-time role - Monday to Friday, 39 hours per week.