Grafton Banks Finance are delighted to be exclusively working with a fast-growing firm in East Sussex, to find a new and dynamic Financial Controller. The Firm's strategy is to grow into a $1bn valued business.
This exceptional opportunity, which reports directly to the Board, offers you the chance to take ownership of financial and operational control, but also liaise with external investors and play a key part in supporting commercial activities in a pioneering sector. There is a clear career path in this firm and substantial visibility.
With significant growth in the last few years, there is a desire to bring currently outsourced finance responsibilities back in-house and this will form part of your remit, as well as recruiting a finance team when it becomes necessary.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Manage the day to day function of the finance department, including one member of staff currently.
- Produce monthly management accounts, as well as monthly & annual budgets.
- Produce the interim and final statutory accounts and manage the audit process.
- Supporting senior management on commercial activities, liaising with external stakeholders and suppliers.
The key attributes the firm requires from applicants are:
- An ACA Qualified Accountant with 2 years PQE+.
- Experience of both public and private company issues.
- Desire to work in a small, rapidly growing environment, with an adaptable nature.
- It would be desirable for you to have held an investor-facing role previously, as well as experience of migrating finance functions.
The role offers a generous basic salary, an annual bonus, pension, private health insurance, life insurance, company share scheme, and 26 days annual leave.
The role is intended to be office based but there is a degree of flexibility in terms of homeworking for a proportion of the working week.