Part Time, Full Time, and On Call positions available.
SUMMARY: Responsible for providing direct assistance and care to assigned residents under the supervision of the Director of Residential Health Services or Assisted Living Manager and shift charge nurse.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Promotes independence while assisting residents with activities of daily living including but not limited to personal hygiene, dressing, ambulation, and meal service in accordance with the care plan.
- Encourages socialization and physical activity by transporting or escorting residents to meals, activities, appointments, and outings as required.
- Responds quickly and courteously to resident calls for emergency and non-emergency assistance.
- Observes resident regularly and reports any change in the condition to supervisor and nurse on duty. Records changes and observations in electronic medical record system.
- May perform light housekeeping, laundry, and meal service to resident assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Communication with charger nurse when there is change in resident condition is mandatory.
- Attends all mandatory meetings and in-services.
- Exhibits clean and neat appearance. Follows dress code standards.
- Works as scheduled and demonstrates punctuality and dependability.
- Maintains accountability for understanding and following company and department policies and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions. Employees must satisfactorily attain and maintain DOJ Criminal Record Clearance. Pre-employment drug screening, T.B. test and health screening required; thereafter, an annual health screening and T.B. test will be required.
High school education preferred, or up to six months related experience and/or training. Must have First Aid Certification. Must be at least 18 years old. Basic computer skills with experience using electronic medical records/charting required.
LANGUAGE & COMMUNICATION SKILLS: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple business correspondence and perform charting. Must be proficient in speaking, reading and writing English. Must be able to effectively communicate and present information to supervisor, nursing staff and family members.
REASONING ABILITY: Must possess the ability to make independent decisions and utilize sound judgment when circumstances warrant such action. Must possess strong customer service skills with the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents/ clients, family members, visitors, and the general public. Must be able to maintain composure and remain calm in an environment that may have changing demands.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands here are representative of those met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
See functional job analysis for detailed physical demands.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals such as cleaning products and medical preparations.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
MonteCedro opened its doors to its first Creative Living residents in December 2015. This sophisticated, senior living community in Altadena- custom built entirely from the ground up, is the newest senior living community built in greater Los Angeles in 20 years. It is also the first Life Plan community in the San Gabriel Valley.
Role: Care Partner
Apply for this job now.