Join Our Team!
Sunbelt Rentals strives to be the customer's first choice in the equipment rental industry. From pumps to scaffolding to general construction tools, we aim to be the only call needed to outfit a job site with the proper equipment. Not only do we offer a vast fleet that ranks among the best in the industry, we pair it all with a friendly and knowledgeable staff. Our employees are our greatest asset, and although we present a comprehensive equipment offering, our expertise and service are what truly distinguish us from the competition.
We pride ourselves on investing in our workforce and offer competitive benefits, as well as extensive on-the-job training for all eligible employees.
As a highly successful national company, we are constantly looking for talented individuals to support our growth. If you are interested in pursuing a rewarding career, we invite you to review our opportunities!
If a current Sunbelt Rentals employee has referred you for an employment opportunity please notify them that you are applying for this position. In order for the employee to get a referral bonus they need to contact their regional recruiter.
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The Pump Solutions Mechanic prevents and corrects equipment malfunctions at the customer job site for all types of equipment (e.g., mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic equipment), including diagnosing complex equipment problems while following all safety rules. Acts as a professional representative of Sunbelt Rentals with the customer.
Pump Solutions s is a Specialty Business within Sunbelt Rentals offering Large Pumps, Air Compressors, Trench Shoring, Temperature Control Equipment and Desiccant Dehumidifiers to Specialty Contractors, often including the setup and management of projects in a contractor-like capacity. The services provided by this business include after hours response which requires frequent work outside of regularly scheduled hours.
Additional Responsibilities Include:
- Services and oversees repairs of all types of equipment to ensure proper working condition at the job site
- Conducts preventive maintenance to avoid unnecessary repairs and down time in the field
- Performs safety inspections on equipment
- Maintains a safe shop work environment and company vehicle
- Effectively communicates equipment issues with customers and supervisor to ensure customer satisfaction
- Performs other duties assigned as assigned by the manager
- Adheres to all company, governmental and equipment related safety requirements
- Attends and participates in all Profit Center Meetings
- 1+ year(s) experience as mechanic with equipment
- Trade school or Technical training desirable
- MUST have own tools
- DOT Physical Examination (Medical card)
- Exhibit a clear understanding of the necessity of equipment safety and a high level of safety consciousness
- Ability to communicate equipment issues and understand job assignments
- Ability to diagnose and trouble shoot complex equipment problems
- Must have a valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record
- On a daily basis, position requires driving for many hours at a stretch, loading and unloading cargo, and considerable lifting, carrying, and walking each day. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be physically able to work in a jobsite environment for extensive periods to include lifting up to 50lbs, bending, squatting, crouching, reaching
- Must be physically able to work in extreme conditions on job sites
- Night / Weekend On-Call work required
- The above description covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not, however, be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day to day.
Gear up for an exciting career!
One of the largest equipment rental companies in North America and backed by a network of more than 600 locations, Sunbelt Rentals successfully services a variety of customers - from those in the commercial, residential, industrial, municipal, and specialized service industries, to weekend do-it-yourselfers. Sunbelt extensive fleet exceeds $5.0 billion and includes general construction equipment, industrial tools, pumps and power generation equipment, trench shoring, scaffolding, remediation & restoration equipment, and more.
Specialty Divisions and Market Segment Focus:
Designed to serve distinct customer segments requiring a high level of technical expertise, Sunbelt Rentals offer a highly diversified product mix, as well as trained experts.
Climate Control Services
Tools & Equipment
Oil & Gas Services
Pile Driving Services
Pump & Power Services
Remediation and Restoration
Role: Diesel Road Mechanic - Pump Solutions (2018-6120)
Location: Salt Lake,
Apply for this job now.