Our client is a dedicated engineering consultancy that have recently experienced rapid growth in the Scottish market. They are currently looking for an experience Civil Engineer with experience in road and drainage design to lead and develop their new Glasgow-based civils team.
The successful candidate will initially be responsible for managing and mentoring a Civil Infrastructure Technician and will have the opportunity to take full ownership of the civil element of an array of development proposals spanning the residential, education, commercial and industrial sectors. There will be scope and support to grow a Civils team and a clear path for progression towards Director level for the right individual.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Preparing civil designs (road/ drainage/ earthworks) for an array of development across the residential, commercial, education and industrial sectors
- Identifying key issues relating to flood risk and drainage schemes and proposing solutions
- Preparing conceptual and detailed design and specification of below ground storm/ foul drainage and SUDs infrastructure
- Preparation and review of associated technical reports
- Mentoring civil infrastructure technician
- Liaise with colleagues, contractors and external third parties
Qualifications / Experience:
- Degree in relevant subject (e.g. Civil Engineering)
- Chartered or working towards chartered status (e.g. ICE or CIWEM)
- Experience in undertaking and managing designs for local roads and storm/ foul drainage
- Knowledge of relevant legislation and design guidelines (e.g. DMRB, Sewers for Scotland, CIRIA SuDS Manual)
- Knowledge of AutoCAD, MicroDrainage and hydrological modelling software is desirable
- Good verbal and written communication skills
For further information on this or any other related positions do not hesitate to contact Gavin on 0141 375 7955 or
Mattinson Partnership brings together recruitment expertise with hands-on experience. Through our knowledge of the industry, we are able to provide a unique and specialist service. We respect the need for absolute confidentiality and offer every assurance that your application will be handled with the highest levels of professionalism. We actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
For Further Information on the Mattinson Partnership visit #removed#
Role: Senior Infrastructure Engineer / Civils Lead
Location: Glasgow, Scotland
Apply for this job now.