Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: £20,000 - £29,999, £30,000 - £39,999, £40,000 - £49,999, £50,000 - £59,999
Job DescriptionTechnical Architect
This role of Architect for News Platform is within the Product Engineering group of Refinitiv, based in Nottingham, reporting to the Head of Risk and News Architecture.
The group is responsible for the development of the News Platform supporting key products including Eikon, World Check, Elektron and FX Trading.
We are looking for an individual who has the technical expertise and leadership to encourage and influence technologists, set technology strategy for the business and partner with the business to bring real value through the application of leading-edge technologies and through innovation.Main Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Accountable architect of product and platform technical solutions that enable business objectives - from selection, evaluation, implementation, operational status to end of life.
- Partner with stakeholders in the business, technology leaders, design teams to align application development with the architecture strategy, including implementation best practices, technology selection, datacentre, cloud and infrastructure strategy and partnerships with 3rd parties.
- Initiates and participates in key activities that cross organizational and business boundaries to deliver business value
- A key contributor to the Enterprise Architecture strategy for Refinitiv, contributes to Architecture Communities of Practice and Architecture Councils, leads the development of architectural standards by leading and influencing architecture teams
- Reviews and recognizes problems or improvements in existing designs and recommends remedies / solutions
- Troubleshoots and resolves a variety of complex problems and technical issues taking
- Leads functional teams of technical experts and facilitates integration of their work product into sophisticated systems.
- Contributes, influences, or advises a variety of projects concurrently
- Identifies where technology and partnerships can cause a ground-breaking shift in business and works with key business stakeholders to bring it to realization.
- Recognized internally and externally as an expert on sophisticated technical matters.
- Develops and evangelizes technical vision and communicates technology impact on business
- Stays abreast of technology trends and their potential impact and opportunities on the organization.
- Identifies the organizational resources, structures and cultural change vital to support the enterprise architecture and takes ownership as a change agent.
- Identify and respond to opportunities to solve key technical issues; manage Technology strategy to improve content performance
- Interprets technical issues for non-technical audiences and vice versa - provides leadership to establish and articulate the vision, strategy and direction of technical architecture based upon business and technical requirements.
- Develops and delivers formal and informal technical training, presentations, and white papers to both internal and external audiences.
Crucial Skills/Experience Required:
- Has expert knowledge in Editorial and News platforms.
- Domain specialist (SME) on network protocols, platforms, and design standard methodologies
- Possesses robust analytical skills with the ability to synthesize business requirements with technology capabilities to produce a coherent technical architecture.
- Has the ability, under pressure, to rapidly troubleshoot underlying issues and to lead teams to arrive at and craft viable solutions
- Ability to manage multiple projects with conflicting priorities in a constantly changing environment.
- Ability to operate across organizational boundaries, to influence vendors and technology staff and to have an impact on the internal and external technology community.
- Has solid understanding of business practices and financial analysis.
- Strong interpersonal skills supported by expressive oral and written communication
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills
Desired Skills/Experience Required:
- A breadth of experience of Technical Architecture with a background as a technologist
- Experience in key technologies including:
- Cloud (e.g.: Amazon Web Services AWS, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure Cloud), machine learning, big data, secure systems, text extraction, parsing, multiple language solutions, streaming data, Low latency & real time data
- Extensive experience designing and implementing solutions for large systems that are scalable, extensible, highly secure and highly available.
- Experience leading multiple sophisticated projects and working with business stakeholders.
- Experienced at analyzing existing systems to settle how change will impact surrounding environments.
- Experienced in communicating with senior leadership and proven communication skills to work across technical and business teams.
- Experienced in working with vendors
- Experience leading a small architecture team with a global responsibility.
- Experience operating in a quickly changing environment and driving change and technological innovation to meet business objectives.
- A high-level understanding of GDPR compliance and relevant security toolsets.
- Understanding of the business domain, including: risk management; customer and third-party risk; the regulatory marketplace.
- Understanding of the financial markets and banking
We care about benefits too.
- Minimum Bachelor Degree in Computer Science / Engineering / Mathematics or equivalent
- An advanced degree is advantageous
- Extensive design & implementation experience with large scale systems for enterprise-wide use
We support our colleagues' wellbeing with inclusive benefits. So that's support for physical, financial, mental and environmental health, paid time off to volunteer, consumer discounts & savings and so much more. All of which are tailored to your needs and may vary by location. For more details talk to your recruiter.
As a global business, Refinitiv relies on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. Therefore we seek hardworking, qualified employees in all our operations around the world-regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Refinitiv is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Refinitiv makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If an accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact us to request an accommodation. A full list of our office locations and contact information can be found at: Refinitiv Office Locations .
Be the breakthrough, activate your future and shape ours.
Role: Senior Application Architect
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Location: Nottingham, England, England
Apply for this job now.