The Driver Support Specialist’s purpose is to train, assist, and work with company drivers to ensure they have the expertise and knowledge for safe travels. The Driver Support Specialist conducts and develops training methods for drivers.
- Participates in “needs analysis” studies to determine training needs.
- Selects and develops testing evaluation procedures to be used at the completion of training.
- Conducts training sessions covering specific areas such as on the job training, customer service, sales techniques, health and safety practices, public relations, smith system, and forklift refresher training.
- Test trainees to measure progress and to evaluate effectiveness of training.
- Reports on progress of trainee under their guidance during training periods.
- Revise designs of training and methods to improve effectiveness.
- Participate in field recruiting, safety meetings, and driver retention.
- Driver relief and assistance if needed.
- Other duties are required.
· High School Diploma required.
· Three years of related experience.
· CDL, Smith System, OSHA, Forklift experience required.
· Ability to read and interpret documents.
· Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
· Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers, employees, or contractors.
· Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
· Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
· Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
· Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
Cardinal Logistics Management operates one of the largest, most diverse dedicated fleets in the U.S. Our logistics experts work directly with our clients to optimize their supply chains by developing and implementing customized transportation solutions that best fit their needs.
Role: Driver Support Specialist
Apply for this job now.