This role is located in the Greater Louisville, KY region. Relocation assistance may be provided.
Please do not hesitate to apply today if you have experience with the following:
- Technical background; chemical science, coatings, or engineering bias
- Analytically inclined
- Results driven with "ownership" mentality
Reporting to GM of Technology, the Materials Research Engineer is responsible for managing multiple large scale projects supporting Research and Development efforts for the facility.
Additional Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Independently evaluates and applies standardized scientific or engineering procedures and techniques to assignments of moderate to high complexity.
- Investigate formulation and compounding for potential production of PET films.
- Expedite trial and data generation by working with outside materials vendors.
- Work with toll pilot facilities to evaluate properties.
- Prepare test methods to evaluate new materials and properties.
- Write reports, document findings, and articulate potential direction.
- Help provide overall project documentation and maintain project plan.
- Manages projects of large size and scope while determining feasibility of goals and objectives.
- Identifies problems and related technical issues leading to long-term solutions while meeting customer needs.
- Full technical responsibility for interpreting, organizing, executing, and coordinating assignments.
- Interpret IP information as necessary for new product development or enhancements.
- Demonstrated sound judgment while complying with policies, procedures, appropriate principles and regulations.
- M.S. in Polymers/Chemistry/Materials Science related discipline required
- Minimum of 5 years relative working experience required
- Strong extrusion and plastic packaging knowledge preferred
- Knowledge of film making technologies including blown, cast tentered, and solution casting preferred
- In-depth knowledge with resin manufacturing, compounding, and additive processing
- Understanding of FDA, ISO, AIB and similar regulatory compliance
- Solutions oriented, team player, able to work with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of intellectual property (IP) building
- Demonstrated ability to clearly and effectively communicate (verbal & written)
Respect * Customer Driven * Innovation * Global Perspective * Action Oriented
Flex Films, located in Elizabethtown, KY, is a world class player in the polyester film and flexible packaging markets through driving efforts in technology, innovation, and product development. Flex Films is part of UFLEX Group which exceeds annual revenue of $1.2 billion, operates on 4 continents, and supplies products to over 140 countries.
Flex Films Offers:
-Competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits
-Diverse, inclusive work environment which offers learning opportunities
-Entrepreneurial environment to inspire innovation and enthusiasm
We utilize the expertise of our people to innovate products to meet tomorrow’s needs. If you are interested in applying your skills and knowledge to make a global impact, then discover the numerous career opportunities at Flex Films and become part of our international team.
Role: Materials Research Engineer
Apply for this job now.