$19.00 to $22.00 hourly
Robert Half is in need of an ambitious and articulate Collections Specialist. This Collections Specialist position in the Louisville, Kentucky region is a short-term contract / temporary to hire opportunity. If you are looking to apply your talents in a dynamic environment with a group of other talented individuals, apply today!
Your responsibilities in this role
- Act as liaison in maintaining quality customer service and a positive company image by resolving customer account inquiries
- Pinpoint delinquent customer accounts through various means, e.g. written correspondence, phone contact, skip-tracing, and making arrangements for payment
- Update customer files to ensure data integrity
- Register all customer payments to the correct reports
- Comply with all rules and regulations established by the Federal Fair Credit Reporting Act
- Process bankruptcy filings correctly when received
- Ensure payments are processed
- Take care of inbound and outbound collections calls and correspondence
- Manage all billing and reporting activities in line with deadlinesJob Requirements:
- Previous experience using accounting software
- Ability to survey and make decisions regarding customer accounts
- AA or BS/BA in Accounting preferred
- Solid understanding of commercial collections
- 2-3 years of prior high volume collections experience
- Excellent written/verbal communication and organizational skills
Accountemps, a Robert Half Company, matches skilled accounting and finance professionals with remote or on-site jobs on a temporary and temporary-to-hire basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was named to Forbes’ inaugural list of America’s Best Temporary Staffing Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.3195. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.