DIO is committed to providing positive employee experiences and improving our brand image, so we are seen as an employer of choice. We are looking for someone with the energy, expertise, and drive to help us shape our culture and achieve our strategic vision, ensuring DIO is a great place to work.
Key to the role are the ability to build effective working relationships across DIO, the MOD and beyond. The willingness to constructively challenge assumptions on how things are done, and agility and resourcefulness to make effective decisions. The creativity and confidence to turn ideas into action will be vital to the success of this role!
We employ approximately 4,900 staff from a very diverse range of professions, and we work across the world; in Germany, Cyprus and the Falkland Islands, Norway, Poland, Kenya, Belize, Nepal and Oman.
You can view our YouTube video to see more about our work
• Design, develop and implement an approach to culture which supports and enables our corporate strategic objectives
• Take a detailed view of culture transformation to ensure cultural change is embedded in DIO plans and processes
• Identify strengths, gaps, and drivers to develop our culture both from and external best practice perspective and within DIO’s unique context
• Develop strategies and initiatives that enable our people to engage and connect with our approach
• Influence, educate and manage key partners across the organisation
• Support DIO’s approach and strategy to employee engagement which includes the annual People Survey, corporate and local action planning, communication initiatives, ongoing monitoring of engagement activity and focused actions in response to experiences and feedback
• Understand the overall employee experience, what is it like to interview for, join and work for DIO
• Creatively improve employee brand both internally and externally
Who are we looking for?
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
• Strong leadership and vision to grow and shape our vision
• Outstanding interpersonal and influencing skills with the ability to work confidently across the depth and breadth of our key partners
• The aptitude to think strategically and to connect complex pieces of work
• The expertise to deal with ambiguity and make positive use of the opportunities it presents
• Proven analytical skills to generate people and culture insights
• Excellent oral and written skills, including the flair to write in a compelling and authentic tone and outstanding facilitation and presentation skills
• Strong innovation, creativity, and capability to design, develop, implement, and evaluate solutions
• Experience of developing and engaging in organisational culture
Experience of implementing culture change
Experience of developing an Employee Value Proposition to support attraction, recruitment and retention of skilled workers