Graduate Trainee - Office Administration
Salary £20,000 to £23,000- subject to experience & qualifications
Permanent Full Time
Hydrotech Fire & Mechanical LTD are providers of quality high rise fire protection products, with global manufacturing and distribution facilities along with our expertise in product development. Hydrotech are proud to supply several well-known professional distributors with a high quality and competitive range of products into the Fire Protection industry. With over 40 years of experience, we believe our success is a result of excellent product, business professionalism and customer service. We are currently looking for an enthusiastic graduate to join their expanding team.
Do you want to grow and develop your skills with a forward thinking company? If so, we are looking for a post graduate (ideally with some trade experience), from a stem subject or business studies with well-honed analytical skills to join our existing team.
An all-round administrator, covering all aspects of the day-to-day functioning of the business, Accounts, Purchasing, Sales and Logistics.
The areas for involvement are all encompassing and you will be reporting to your manager but involved with the entire business and have access to the senior decision makers. This role will prepare you for progression as your skills and strengths develop. You will have a thorough induction into all areas of the business, as well as ongoing training both on and off the job and supplemented by relevant training courses (if required).
Responsibilities but not limited to (once trained):-
- Analyse, action and prioritise purchasing demands generated via customer orders, forecasts to meet delivery schedules
- Chase delivery updates and communicate with customers
- Obtain quotations, analyse and place orders with suppliers within budget
- Communicate with suppliers directly, escalating where problems are encountered, and advise 'customers' of delays
- Processing Sales Invoices - using the Xero accounting system to process external customer invoices to customers ensuring price and quantities are correct based on unleased (stock manager system).
- Ad hoc queries - liaising with customers to answer invoice queries
- Processing Supplier Invoices - using Xero accounting system to process external supplier invoices to customers ensuring price and quantities are correct based on unleased (stock manager system)
- Expenses - processing the company credit card each month and general office expenses
- Reconciliations - Ensuring the stock system, bank account and other key ledgers are reconciliation so all transactions are accounted for.
- Answering the phone - answering general enquiries into the office
- Supporting the MD - weekly sales reports, ad hoc analysis, general office admin
- Support to the Purchasing Manager - Assisting the purchasing manager and learning the role to become holiday cover and support during busy periods
- Support to the Stock Manger - Assisting the purchasing manager and learning the role to become holiday cover and support during busy periods
Essential Skills & qualifications
- Educated to degree level
- Ability to organise and prioritise tasks
- Appreciation of the need to get the job done on time and to the correct standard
- IT Literate- particularly Excel
- Attention to detail
- Knowledge of the financial process within an organisation
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Attention to detail and