Senior Revenue Accountant/Analyst
Our growing SaaS client is looking for a Senior Revenue Accountant/Analyst to join their team. This position will report directly to the CFO and will be responsible for ensuring the accurate recording of revenue-related transactions in accordance with current accounting standards. The role also includes supervision of an Accounts Receivable direct report. This is a great chance to work for a fast-paced company with a ton of room to make a difference. This is also a great opportunity for someone who would like more exposure to FP&A.
What you will be doing:
- Responsible for timely and accurate completion of all month, quarter, and year-end revenue-related close items including the preparation and review of journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations (deferred revenue, unbilled receivables, sales tax, reserve analysis, etc.);
- Prepare monthly analysis including ACV calculations, professional services analytics, and backlog analytics for board and management review;
- Partner with Professional Services to ensure timely and accurate billing and revenue recognition;
- Manage AR accountant and related AR and sales admin processing; act as a point of contact for any cash application queries.
- Drive business process improvements and automation projects to bring best practices to the order to cash process;
- Collaborate with partner organizations including Sales Ops, MIS and Client Services to drive process improvements.
- Participate in global standardization and integration efforts for policies and procedures as they specifically relate to IFRS 15/ ASC 606 and other revenue areas.
- Draft and maintain global revenue accounting policies and memos in accordance with the Company’s application of accounting principles to specific revenue transactions.
- Partner with sales and legal in the review and evaluation of deal structures to analyze the impact of customer terms and conditions, communicate the revenue impact of those terms, and offer alternatives if available.
- Review sales tax reconciliations and ensure filings with proper reporting jurisdictions using Avalara;
- Support external audit requirements related to specific areas of responsibilities;
- Support in preparation of year-end financials and relevant financial statement notes.
- Assist with revenue forecasting processes to drive accuracy and scalability.
What we are looking for:
- A minimum of 3 years of professional experience, public accounting background with CPA and/or SaaS company
- System experience with NetSuite, Adaptive Insights and Salesforce is a plus;
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills, with the ability to manipulate large amounts of data.
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership of projects, meet deadlines, and drive to completion;
- Excellent interpersonal communication and collaboration skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to interact with a variety of functions across the organization;
- Proven ability to succeed in a fast-paced environment.
- Onsite gym with new equipment,
- Great Health Plan! Medical, Dental, Vision
- 3 weeks of PTO
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $115,000.00 to $130,000.00 /year
Pinpoint Talent is unlike other recruiting company in your area. We are driven by quality and long-term commitment. We specialize in identifying talent and matching them with dynamic employers in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Role: Senior Revenue Accountant
Location: San Jose,
Apply for this job now.