Grafton Banks Finance is working with a leading life insurance and financial services business to recruit a Head of Expense Management and Procurement to join their high performing team.
We are looking for a high calibre qualified accountant, from the insurance industry (general or life), with a background in Expense Management and team leadership.
The role will lead a team of 11 to deliver the Expense and Procurement strategy. Key responsibilities include:
- Maintain Group wide expense policies.
- Develop the Group expense plan.
- Monitoring and management of the Group expense base and targets. Includes development of options to deliver or exceed the plan.
- Business expense partnering across the Group, proving process support, commercial advice, expense performance management and challenge.
- Own the Group expense processes including month end journaling/ accruals, month end reporting, purchase ledger, staff expenses processes, cost apportionment.
- Expense team management for 7 staff.
- Procurement team management for staff.
- Establishing and communicating the Procurement strategy and rolling out the governance framework.
- Overseeing the implementation and operation of formal sourcing processes and controls.
- Ensuring the production of spend analysis MI to support value and cost savings.
- Establishing and overseeing a de-centralised SRM governance structure to enhance supplier relationships, mitigate third party risks and support compliance with policy and regulation.
- Implementing and maintaining a procurement and supplier management solution, ensuring robust processes and controls are in place to manage all supplier information.
This role will be a hybrid role with the expectation that the successful applicant will spend 2 days per week in the client's offices in Reigate, Surrey. Benefits will include excellent bonus and pension.