Develop your nursing career with HCA Healthcare UK – World’s largest private acute and complex care hospital group and winners of 'The Best Private Healthcare provider 2016'.
The Wellington Hospital is part of HCA Healthcare UK, which is the world's largest independent hospital company. The Wellington is the largest of the six hospitals under HCA Healthcare UK with over 240 beds and circa 900 employees. We are internationally renowned for its cardiac services, neurology, orthopaedics, gynaecology and most other forms of acute medicine.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Clinical Nurse Specialist in Gynaecology to join The Wellington Hospital based at our facility in St John's Wood, London (NW8 9LE).
As a Clinical Nurse Specialist, you will work as a core member of the multi-disciplinary team using your clinical expertise to exercise higher levels of judgement, discretion and decision making in the pre-assessment and delivery of patient focussed care. You will provide education of patients, relatives and staff within the areas of Gynaecology Nursing and be involved in pre assessment and service development projects as designated by the deputy chief nurse.
Hours: 37.5 hours per week (Monday – Friday between the hours of 8am – 4pm with occasional
early starts/late finishes).
Salary: £45,754– £54,905 plus HCA benefits package.
Benefits: Structured career development, funded courses, 25 days holiday, health and wellbeing
support system, pension, private medical care cover and much more.
Please note we will close this role early if suitable number of applications are received
Duties & Responsibilities
• To implement and evaluate clinical care of Gynaecology patients, providing expert clinical advice to utilise evidence based practice and benchmarked standards to improve quality and delivery of patient care.
• Assess, plan and evaluate the care of patients from clinic, referral, and inpatient stay to discharge.
• Work closely with the Gynaecology Consultants and members of the multidisciplinary team to enhance
the patient’s journey and experience.
• To follow cancer patients through the treatment pathway working closely with the Cancer CNS.
• Facilitate the development of individual staff and nursing teams through the use of specialist education and training.
• Assist in clinical and corporate audits as well as local Projects whilst seeking avenues for improving and enhancing services – e.g. Gynae service development.
Skills & Experience
• NMC Registered Nurse.
• Experience at a similar level with extensive Gynaecology experience.
• Post basic qualification in clinical specialty related to practice area.
• Recognised teaching qualification or evidence of Masters level learning would be advantageous.
• Confident decision maker, with a focus on improvement and development.
• Excellent communication with effective management, problem solving and decision making skills.
About The Individual
HCA Healthcare UK offers ground-breaking innovation, leading the way in complex care. You will be provided with the opportunity to develop your career and we are committed to helping you achieve this by providing appraisals, mentorship and further training / development opportunities.