About Varsity Tutors:
Varsity Tutors, a Nerdy Company, is the leading direct-to-consumer platform for live online learning benefiting both learners and experts. We have built a comprehensive online learning destination that enables the delivery of scaled high-quality live expertise for learners of all ages across thousands of subjects and multiple learning formats through the application of technology and AI. We've raised $107M million in venture capital from TCV, Learn Capital, and the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative. We also recently announced that Nerdy, the parent company of Varsity Tutors, plans to go public via a SPAC with TPG Pace Tech Opportunities later this year, with a $1.7 billion market valuation.
We succeed thanks to a diverse mix of talented people who want to come, to stay, and do their best work. If you love learning, technology, and making a true impact, you're going to love working here!
Varsity Tutors is looking for full-time Educational Sales Representatives to join our fast-growing team! Varsity Tutors is revolutionizing how people learn with new and innovative technology, and offers a full suite of learning products that are personalized to the needs of every learner. Our award-winning online and mobile learning platforms connect students and professionals from all around the world with personalized instruction to achieve any goal. This is a full-time, remote position.
As an Education Sales Representative, you will be speaking with prospective and current clients, helping them with their educational needs and goals. We look for individuals who are highly motivated, have the ability to understand the ever-changing needs of parents and students, and share our passion for helping students all around the world. Ideal candidates will have a strong desire to use their educational backgrounds and expertise to drive sales through creative and innovative solutions.
Come join our fast growing team and help people get the educational help they need!
- Consult with current and prospective clients who have requested tutoring, course or homeschool support and effectively communicate the benefits of our services
- Facilitate a consultative conversation to understand customer needs and recommend a customized solution
- Complete transactions and or schedule a follow-up conversations with prospective clients
- Manage a book of client accounts in our CRM to ensure proper follow-up and additional support
- Provide high quality client service and help resolve client questions or concerns
Pay: $40,000 base salary with $12,000 variable bonus potential plus full-time benefits package
Schedule: Full-time (40 hours per week), including 2 evenings each week and full shifts every other weekend
- Experience in education, educational sales, admissions/enrollments, tutoring preferred
- Bachelor level degree in any major is preferred
- Ability to consult with students and families through conducting needs analysis
- High empathy and emotional intelligence, with the ability to understand families' educational needs and make product/service recommendations
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment
- General computer and email knowledge - we use Google Suite and Apple products
- Availability to work some evenings/weekends
- CRM experience is preferred
- Passion for being part of a team that is dedicated to making a difference for our clients
Varsity Tutors Leadership Principles:
Relentless Focus on Customers * Comfort with Ambiguity * Ownership * Simplify * Intellectual Curiosity * Build Teams * Think Big * Insist on High Standards * Bias for Action * Build Trust * Go Deep * Have Conviction * Deliver Results * Are Right, a Lot
- Healthcare Plans (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life)
- 401k Company Plan
- Remote Position, fully work from home (or wherever you like!)
- PTO, paid holidays, plus a floating holiday (for your birthday!)
- Paid VTO ("volunteer time off" to do community service/charity work)
- 52 hours of Free Learning Sessions per year for you or immediate families members and free access to our Virtual School Day classes and School@Home program
- Once in a lifetime opportunity to help transform how the world learns!
About Training and Development:
- We offer a training program with ongoing career development and opportunities for growth.
- Learn industry-leading communication and sales techniques that will enable you to find solutions for families
- Become an expert in educational products and programs, including 1 on 1 tutoring, online classes, adaptive assessments, and home schooling
- Fun, collaborative, and team-oriented work environment with plenty of training and a feedback rich culture
Varsity Tutors is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. (INDHP)