Looking for an experienced Contract Specialist to be responsible for activities related to the organization’s Contracts Administration and Business Licensure, as part of the Finance team, reporting to the Director of Contracts, based in our Reston, VA headquarters.
- Maintains and communicates policies for proper contract submission, approval, and execution
- Upon request, develops, maintains and distributes reports and analyses related to contract administration and management
- Assists with efforts to streamline and improve contract management software toolset
Client (Hospital) Contracts
- Using inventory of standard contract templates, prepares new service agreements for Sales team upon request and customizes pursuant to specific client situations
- Works with Director of Contracts to ensure standard contract templates are up to date and support current business and regulatory requirements
- Trains Sales on contract provisions and provides support as necessary in explaining contract requirements to client prospects
- Participates in client contract negotiations
- Develops and maintains library of alternative negotiating positions and contract language to address common client points of objection
- Tracks and reports on contracting status for all pending client contracts, ensuring proper control of draft contract versions, requested edits, and points of negotiation
- Coordinates the review, approval and execution of completed contracts and ensures contracts are properly recorded in contract system. Prepares, organizes and maintains contract records and files documenting contract attributes, terms and conditions
- Identifies and reports on exceptions to standard business terms and ensures such exceptions are properly communicated within the organization to facilitate contract fulfillment (Operations, IT, Finance, Physician Services, etc.)
- Drafts contract amendments as necessary to respond to client and Sales requests
- Monitors status of contracts pending renewal and works with Sales and Client Engagement to support the renewal process
- Works with Client Engagement, Sales and Finance to address client performance issues including cancellation requests and events of default
- Utilizes contract management software applications for contract administration including coordination with IT regarding updates and user support
- Works with regulatory Counsel to identify and evaluate local entity compliance and contracting requirements for new service territories. Provides guidance to impacted functions that will be required to comply with local requirements (Physician Services, insurance, tax, etc.)
- Establishes registered agent relationship for each entity in each local jurisdiction
- Prepares and files, as necessary for local business registration for Company and its affiliates; coordinating to ensure all necessary entity licenses and authorizations are in place to support sales and service requirements
- Prepares and files all periodic state and local entity reports necessary to maintain business authorization and good standing
Comrise is the bridge to first-rate talent for organizations that recognize the value of their workforce. With locations in the U.S., China, and Hong Kong, we help our clients reach far and wide for both local and international resources which yield the highest return on their human capital investments.Headquartered in New Jersey since 1984, Comrise is a staffing, consulting and enhanced search technology company. For over 30 years we have delighted our clients and consultants by focusing on customer satisfaction, innovation and flexible workforce solutions. By combining our global networks with our outstanding local offices, Comrise provides high quality executive search, temporary and temporary to permanent staffing solutions, and cross border placement services.
Role: Contract Specialist
Apply for this job now.