Job Title: Digital & Marketing Solicitor
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Samuel Ryder House, Nuneaton
Salary: £Competitive + Benefits
Holland & Barrett are recruiting for a Digital & Marketing Solicitor to work within our in-house legal and compliance team. The successful candidate will work closely with the Commercial Contracts Lawyer and Compliance Counsel and shall liaise with the Regulatory and Quality, Marketing, New Product Development, Digital and IT teams while reporting to the Legal and Compliance Director. The Counsel will be responsible for 360 advising the Digital, Marketing and NPD teams on projects, IP and trademark protection, GDPR compliance and Contract support and will support various areas of the business with key advice, including price promotions, digital marketing and advertising.
- Advising in relation to Digital & Online marketing and sales, distance marketing, website compliance UK and overseas markets
- Support in relation to internet / digital, social media, e-commerce issues and GDPR online compliance (Privacy & Cookies).
- Advising in relation to marketing campaigns and promotions including marketing claims
- Supporting with the regulatory authorities including the ASA / Trading Standards
- To provide both legal and technical advice to the business in relation to adequate & timely protection of NPD
- Responsible for researching selected trademarks to check if they are already in use
- Completing the prescribed procedures for the registration of new trademarks and instruction of external trademark agents
- Managing external trademark agents to:
- Enforce trademark rights in the instance of infringements
- Provide contextual advice and expert guidance in trademark litigation
- Provide legal advice on registration and protection of trademarks in multiple jurisdictions
- Prepare documentation and renewal notices across all jurisdiction where the trademark is registered.
- Providing legal advice and expertise on licensing, brand identity, and copyright issues.
- Working with Regulatory and Customer Services in relation to product claims and product quality complaints.
- Creating appropriate templates, precedents and information resources to facilitate the self-help for the marketing, digital and NPD teams on repetitive areas of advice
- Confident, approachable disposition
- Must enjoy a high degree of autonomy but also able to work within a team
- Ability to manage and prioritise own workload
- Good time management and the ability to adhere to strict deadlines
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Commercial awareness
- Excellent keyboard skills (acts as own secretary and administrator)
- Good sense of humour