Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Salary: £19,633 - £20,016 per annum
Title: Estates Technician
Location: South Yorkshire
Pay: £19,633 - £20,016
Duration: Permanent, Full Time
Reed - Further Education are seeking an Estates technician / Caretaker to maintain the grounds of a FE College. The working shifts would be 12-hour shifts Wed to Fri plus one day at the weekend when college is open.
What’s the day-to-day responsibilities of an Estates Technician?
- Contribute to the cleaning, maintenance and security of all college assets as issued through the estates department.
- Ensuring all routine works schedules, tasks and reports are completed and passed onto Estates manager.
- To undertake cleaning and general maintenance.
- Manage stock levels.
What are the required skills and qualifications needed for this role?
- Have possession of or willingness to undertake appropriate training, for example H&S Training, First aid at work and Fire Awareness Training.
- Willingness to work unsocial shift patterns and to cover shifts at short notice in emergencies.
- Relevant experience in a cleaning, caretaking and/or maintenance role.
- Exceptional verbal /written communication and interpersonal skills
- IT literate including knowledge of coding/programming. Also word processing, spreadsheets and databases i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel and Google platforms
If you are ready for a career change, and an Estates Technician is the next role for you, click 'Apply Now’, and register to Reed - Further Education. Alternatively, contact your local Reed - Further Education branch today, where we would love to hear from you and help you shape your next career step.
Reed - Further Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all employees to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to undergo a DBS check.
We look forward to your application - Ashleigh King, Leeds