The Creative Apparel Concepts (CAC) Senior Production Coordinator leads the charge with the product team and manufacturer to communicate and manage the production process from creating vendor purchase orders, to monitoring samples, testing and delivery. This includes direct communication with a customer base which may include retail buyers, factory staff and in field agents, to obtain production approvals and provide customer information as needed. As the gatekeeper for data integrity, you must love making sure that every field is completed and your time line stays on track. Our factories are based primarily in Asia and will require frequent monitoring to ensure on-time delivery.
Duties and responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of the Senior Production Coordinator will include but are not limited to:
· Maintains positive relationship with vendors and mills, supporting the negotiation and final price confirmation, garment details, factory allocation, and delivery
· Responsible for managing communication of all order details from vendor selection to delivery; including communication with end customer regarding item details and execution of item set up process, as well as, obtaining approvals for production from customer
· Handles all submits sent for production orders, coordinating approvals from all necessary departments and relaying feedback to vendor base
· Ensures quick resolution of product related issues with appropriate Product Manager, Technical Design and /or Designer, Product Development, or Sales Person, bringing in Production Manager when necessary
· Builds and manages time and actions calendar and updates Work In Progress (WIPS) reports
· Communicates product and fabrication development needs and negotiates the best costs without compromising the brand’s quality or on-time deliveries
· Manages all pre-costing activities and supports the negotiations with suppliers targeting product cost and delivery requirements
· Supports development and executes communication of seasonal time and actions calendar for CAC and ensures teams are following required dates
· Works with partners in sales and product management to adhere to required deadline dates for all vendor/product forecasts or projections, securing supplier and mill capacities to deliver margin and delivery goals
· Supports implementation and regulation of production policy and standard operating processes across vendor base. Supports corporate social compliance, quota, and embargo issues, as they arise
· Executes all vendor chargeback’s and/or discount details
· Participates in recommending and leading growth efforts that improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the sourcing organization and process
· Spearheads special projects and company initiatives as instructed
· Bachelor’s degree in Business, International Business, Retail Merchandising, Apparel Merchandising/ Design or a related field
· 4 + years’ experience within the apparel industry, preferred
· 5+ years’ experience working with overseas vendors required
· Solid knowledge of manufacturing and costing
· Working knowledge of technical requirements related to testing of fabric, trims, and garments
· Strong computer skills to include Microsoft Office Suite and production tracking software, i.e. BlueCherry or Gerber.
· Strong analytical skills
· Ability to speak and understand Spanish, Mandarin, or Cantonese is a plus
· Ability to follow instructions and take initiative when required
· Ability to collaborate effectively with other teams and individuals
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
· Highly organized and detail oriented
· Open office with a moderate noise level
· Creative, fun and active work environment
· Full time 40+ hour position
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, stand and (for the majority of the time) will be sitting at their desk and working on the computer. The employee must occasionally lift/move 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Creative Apparel Concepts (CAC) offers a wide array of services and is involved in several apparel markets. We create and design customized apparel for souvenir, private label, collegiate and professional sports, resort wear, and sleepwear that fits our clients' needs. We distribute and manufacture over 100 popular licensed properties as well as multiple proprietary brands. With our staff of in-house artists and designers, we're able to create unique trend right garments that incorporate our customers' vision. We use innovative print and design techniques that take our apparel to the next level. You've seen our work anywhere from Walmart to Nordstrom, Six Flags to Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. We outsource all manufacturing of garments.
Role: Sr Production & Sourcing Coordinator
Location: Maple Grove,
Apply for this job now.