The Dog Walker is responsible for the overall care, comfort and safety of the animals to which they are assigned to care.
- Travel to clients’ homes independently to visit and care of assigned animals. Based on the client’s preference, this may include dog walks, fenced in yard playtime and/or indoor playtime.
- Observe animals’ appearance and activity for general physical and mental condition; looking for obvious signs of disease or discomfort.
- Following clients’ instructions, provide proper food and water to animals.
- Following client’s detailed instructions, provide medication to animals.
- Report and signs of illness, disease, discomfort or abnormal behavior to Client
- Experience Manager and then discuss whether to proceed informing the client via the
- visit note or phone call depending on whether it’s an emergency situation
- Thoroughly clean and disinfect crates and other areas of client’s home as needed.
- Thoroughly clean pet bowls and pick up after pets outside as well as inside if there are any in-home accidents
- Wash and dry towels and blankets as needed.
- Walk dogs in various locations several times per day as needed.
- Secure clients’ homes using keys and alarm codes as instructed.
- Follow all prescribed safety measures, policies and procedures.
- Positively represent the company at client consults as part of the onboarding process for new clients
Pay & Benefits
- Employees are paid on a "per walk" or "per visit" basis, and may be eligible for an increase in pay after one year.
- New employee referral bonuses!
- Quarterly Customer Referral Incentive bonus available too
- Paid training
- Retirement plan with employer match
- Retirement Plan Benefit - With Employer Match:
- After reaching eligibility, employees can enroll in the Company's Retirement Savings Plan (IRA with an employer match!!)
Required Skills & Abilities
• General dog safety and risk management.
• Ability to take charge of, handle and restrain difficult to control animals.
• Dependable: be on time to visits to ensure the safety and comfort of pets.
• Availability: available on short notice for visits
• Attention to detail (understand and follow instructions, observations and procedures). • Ability to follow detailed instructions every time.
• Customer service orientation.
• Ability to focus on and complete detailed tasks as required per written and verbal instructions.
• Attention to safety; follow regulations and rules every time.
• Ability to read basic instructions and safety procedures.
• Ability communicate clearly both written and verbally.
Experience & Education Requirements
• Prefer a high school diploma
• Prefer 6 month’s prior work or volunteer experience
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be outside for the majority of a shift, or extended period of time. During their shift, and employee will be required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; execute repetitive motions of the wrists, hands and fingers; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to sit; and climb, balance, bend, stoop, lift, carry, push, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Employees in this position provide services to customers both inside and outside and will be exposed to direct sunlight, and occasional inclement weather.
- Occasional exposure to unpleasant odors and noises.
- Possible exposure to animal bites and scratches.
Role: Dog Walker
Apply for this job now.