General Position Information
Position Title: Custodian (Mid-Shift - 11a-7:30p)
Position Department/Campus: Any LTS Campus
Reports To: Campus Principal, Campus Facilities Manager
This position is primarily responsible for fulfilling the day to day activities required by performing the following duties personally.
Essential Duties & Accountabilities
- Cleans and maintains building facilities including classrooms, break rooms, conference
- rooms, teacher work rooms, library/media rooms, gymnasiums, lunchrooms, nurses’rooms, stages and lobby/receptionist areas.
- Performs the necessary room set-ups for scheduled meetings and events (including daily cafeteria set-up).
- Sweeps, mops, scrubs, and vacuums floors using cleaning solutions, tools, and equipment.
- Cleans and/or polishes walls, ceilings, windows, and building fixtures and whiteboards.
- Cleans entryways, hallways, door mats, and door glass daily.
- Dusts furniture, walls, light fixtures, baseboards, student desks and other equipment.
- Gathers and empties trash.
- Cleans and sanitizes bathrooms daily.
- Cleans and services cleaning equipment daily and as needed.
- Applies wax or sealers to wood or concrete floors as directed by District Facilities
- Assists in building security, locking and unlocking of doors and gates.
- Assist with routine maintenance tasks such as light bulb and filter changes
- Notifies Campus Facility Manager or Custodial Supervisor of the need to order materials/supplies, need for major repairs, or additions to building operating systems (Energy Management., Schooldude, etc.)
- Ability to operate and mechanical understanding of the following machines, tools, and other special equipment and supplies used to perform job duties: hand tools, small power tools, ladder, back pack and upright vacuum, floor buffer, cleaning and polishing chemicals, wheeled utility cart, & moving equipment.
- Knowledge of HAZMAT regulations and Safety Data Sheets required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Positively interact with all staff.
- Create a safe environment that is conducive to learning.
- Good communication skills with, students, coworkers, administration and parents.
- Ability to collaborate with other teachers and school staff.
- Ability to maintain a professional appearance.
- High School Diploma required
- Minimum of 1-3 years of prior experience in custodial cleaning.
- Basic knowledge of cleaning methods, equipment, products and custodial safety.
- Arizona Employees:
- Arizona Department of Public Safety Level One IVP Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Nevada Employees:
- NV Fingerprint Background Check
- Must possess strong communication and organizational skills.
- Must demonstrate initiative and the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. Duties are performed typically in school and/or office settings throughout the division. May include frequent walking, standing, stooping, lifting up to approximately 25 pounds and occasional lifting of equipment and/or materials weighing up to approximately 40 pounds may be required.
- Must have the ability to stand for extended periods of time in front of the classroom,; see and read a computer screen and printed material with or without vision aids; hear and understand speech at normal levels and on the telephone; speak in audible tones so that others may understand clearly in person and on the telephone; and the ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
Base $11.00/Hour +DOE
Legacy Traditional Schools has seen great success with our Back-to-Basics approach to learning. It’s a way to stick to what works in education, to challenge students, and really focus on developing highly-capable learners.
Some things that make our approach so successful include an accelerated pace of study, high expectations for academics and behavior, self-contained K-6 classrooms, bell-to-bell instruction, integrated Language Arts curriculum (Spalding), accelerated mathematics (Saxon), and more.
Role: Custodian (Mid-Shift 11a-7:30p) - Gilbert - 2018-2019 School Year
Apply for this job now.