- Receives and respond to phone calls, faxes, emails and web requests.
- Achieves and maintains rapport with customers to give them the best possible service that translates into orders.
- Quotes the customer by comparing past and current quotes, current costs, standard markup, inventory status, and market considerations.
- Turns inquiries and quotes into sales orders by delivering information expediently, selling value added services or alternative products, following up on quotes, and keeping Outside Sales representatives and management informed.
- Responsible for overall territory management: customer quotes, orders, returns, complaints, system maintenance and prospecting.
- Collaborates with production to expedite customer shipments and lead-times regarding scheduled deliveries. Communicates delivery information to the customer.
- Resolves product or service problems by clarifying the customer’s complaint or issue; investigating the cause of the problem; seeking solutions by collaborating with other company personnel; communicating and gaining customer support; and following up to ensure resolution.
This position requires the incumbent to possess:
High School degree or equivalent diploma; Courses in sales, marketing, communications are desirable, or 2-3 years of related work experience
Strong reading, writing and math skills
Excellent data entry skills on the computer
Ability to be accurate, well organized, multitask, prioritize and have a sense of urgency.
Ability to speak clearly and effectively.
Ability to be persuasive to sell and negotiate with customers; deal with customer complaints.
Ability to problem solve.
Ability to understand product lines and customer base.
Ability to work regular and flexible shifts, meet attendance requirements and overtime when required
Gerard Daniel Worldwide, a leader in the distribution, manufacturing and fabrication of wire and wire cloth products.
Role: Inside Sales / Customer Service
Apply for this job now.