What is the Agile Talent Community?
The Agile Talent Community is a network of contract professionals given the opportunity to work with our clients on a project-by-project basis and provided with strong support and development opportunities offered by Grant Thornton. You’ll get the freedom and advice to work in a way that suits you, that is compliant, and be able to choose the projects you take on, allowing you the independence to manage your time more effectively. The Agile Talent Community reflects the same values that sit at the heart of Grant Thornton: a commitment to diversity and inclusion, a client centric, quality driven ethos and a fundamental care for our people and doing what’s right, ahead of what’s easy.
Our ambition is that we are fully inclusive every day. This means that our working environment is one where everyone’s experience is important. Where people are treated fairly, and everyone has equal access to opportunities and where everyone feels safe to be themselves. We want to create a culture where it’s okay to ask questions and to understand more about different perspectives, so that we continuously educate and inform each other.
More about Deals&Business Consulting
We help our clients to address complex change scenarios across the entirety of their business to achieve sustainable success and offer a wide range of services to the full spectrum of organisations, including large corporate and private equity clients. Our services consist of Enterprise Applications, Technology, Finance, Operations, Deals and People focus areas.
Skills we’re looking for
- You’ll be a qualified chartered accountant (ACCA / ACA / CIMA or other ICAEW recognised qualification).
- 7+ years of professional consultancy experience with EPM or wider Financial Systems from a Top 10 professional services firm or another software vendor.
- Strong finance background, specifically in FP&A / Controlling / Budgeting, Planning and Forecasting and a strong knowledge of financial reporting.
- Proven track record of experience with key technologies such as Oracle EPM (Hyperion Planning/ Essbase/ PBCS), IBM Cognos TM1/ IBM Planning Analytics, Jedox, Adaptive Insights / Planning, Anaplan, Planful, Infor, Tagetik, OneStream, Prevero, Vena, BOARD, SAP BPC, etc.
- Experience creating value propositions for clients, highlighting, and leveraging the software capabilities to improve their finance function.
- Functional and technical skills to suggest process and technical improvements and you will have the hands-on technical skills in Modelling, SQL and ideally with OLAP solutions.
- Ability to understand and map business requirements to the EPM product.
- Knowledge of Data Governance, Data Quality and MDM is a major plus.
- Strong communication skills and ability to speak to all levels of client organizations, including C-suite.
What’s in it for you
- Opportunity: If you have a great passion for technology and want to use it to solve real world problems, this opportunity might be just the right one for you!Once you become a member of the Agile Talent Community, you will be exposed to a variety of assignments with the Finance Consulting service line and beyond enabling you to utilize your skillset and expertise to positively impact our clients and their businesses. You’ll work closely with Grant Thornton’s management team to grow the practice and further Grant Thornton’s brand and much more.
- Development: We believe our success is intrinsically linked to yours and will provide necessary training and support whether you’re on a project or not. From helping you navigate incoming regulation for freelancers to providing dedicated points of contact and offering training, we will always be there to support, advise and help you develop.
- Independence: A project focus lets you take on work as and when you want. The projects themselves will generally be full time, but this control allows you to create room around them for other priorities. We know you will need scope to pursue other interests whether personal or professional. The Agile Talent Community provides you that space without restriction.
How to join
Step 1: Applying
You’ll first apply by sending us your CV. If your skills match what we are looking for, one of our recruiters will get in touch and walk you through the interview process.
Step 2: Interviewing
The interview process will begin with a pre-screening discussion with one of our recruiters where we’ll want to learn more about your skills, motivations, interests and preferred way of working. If there’s interest to continue, we’ll invite you to an interview with some of our key business leads that you may eventually work with. For some areas, there may be an additional requirement for a case or technical assessment as part of the interview process. If successful, the final step will be to complete the contracting process and background checks.
Step 3: Joining
Once your offer has been signed, you’ll be invited to join our Agile Talent Community and you’ll be ready to start working with our team to find the right opportunity! You’ll have a relationship manager that will be dedicated to your success, making sure you are aware of the training, development and networking opportunities available as well as being setup correctly to match you with the right projects based off your availability and skill sets.