We are a real estate developer that designs and builds optimal green homes in urban areas. The homes we build offer better work and school proximity and more convenient access to important resources. We implement energy-efficient construction methods and materials that promote urban density and conservation and reduce waste.
We are seeking an experienced Development Associate to join our team in Austin, Texas. They will be responsible for leading the project team during the the development process.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Order and review consultant reports and assess development risks.
- Research building and zoning codes pertaining to the development plan.
- Present potential opportunities for project improvement.
- Review all initial plan assumptions, including horizontal and vertical construction costs, sales assumptions, capital costs, timing, operational constraints, and economic or geopolitical market conditions.
- Collaborate with the Director to ensure project capitalization.
- Conducts project underwriting to ensure financial success.
- Direct the project team and consultants to improve land plans, product design, and unit mixes.
- Lead project team meetings.
- Collaborate with the Director to prepare and present project recommendations to the Land Committee.
- Serve as point of contact for stakeholders, neighborhood associations, city staff, zoning consultants, etc.
- Represent the company in the local market regarding development and zoning code issues.
- Coordinates negotiations and agreements with potential tenants, buyers, and strategic partners.
- Review and analyze all aspects of active development projects.
- Define project specifications and provide strategic direction for project team members.
- 7+ years of experience in Civil Engineering, Architecture, or Real Estate Development.
- MBA, preferred.
- Strong knowledge of urban real estate design and development standards.
- Proficiency with CAD and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Able to manage complex projects and quickly learn new technologies.
- Strong analytical and financial modeling skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Powered by JazzHR