OBJECTIVE OF THIS POSITION
The Account Manager will manage the internal flow of work by communicating customer requirements and by working closely with all Rohrer team members to consistently stay on track within our timelines. Account managers will work towards developing stronger relationships with customers through exceptional communication and success based solutions. The Account Manager is an external educator to customers to convey expertise information about Rohrer services. The Account Manager has the responsibility of reviewing the clients initial job specifications, issue and/or order consumables needed to complete the job. The Account Manager will be active in processing client artwork, proofing by clearly communicating constraints or issues relating to the job. Any inventory/forecasted ordering programs will be managed by the Account Manager in conjunction with customer. The Account Manager’s overall focus is to process customer/sales person’s requests (orders/art/quotes/samples/etc) in a timely, efficient manner. Travel may be needed to meet clients as needed. Account managers will also assist in supplemental coverage in absence of any Rohrer team members as needed.
ESSENTIAL JOB TASKS
- Fielding new customer calls and sharing product related information and Rohrer service abilities with the client.
- Review information from new customers to set up Rohrer customer number and terms with accounting.
- Discuss Rohrer services to customers by telephone or in person, take or enter orders, and obtain details about customer complaints.
- Data entry of order information (Match P.O prices and items to new/rerun items, etc.)
- Post reservation production tickets (if applicable).
- Enter raw material allocations.
- Attend daily production meetings to share information with production (new projects, upcoming large orders, expedited request, etc.)
- Review artwork/designs from customers to prepare work orders for prepress, thermo tooling, design to have proofs, concept drawing, prototypes and samples made. Order color folders if necessary.
- Send proofs, die samples, color folders, mockups, prototypes for approval.
- Enter specs for approved items (print & thermo) and obtain layouts for production.
- Process RFQ’s per information provided by sales and the customer.
- Initiate and manage timeline set for customer expectations (orders, new projects, RFQ’s, inquiries, etc.)
- Contact customer with any issues or delays in meeting requirements including any shipping/freight issues that may arise.
- Handle customer complaints and obtain the best compromised solution.
- Responsible for inventory management.
- Manage CIA account processing and assist with past due collections.
- Foster a culture based on Rohrer’s Core Values (see KSA’s below).
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- High School Diploma; College degree prefered
- 3-5 years of customer service and/or 3-5 years of experience in project management
- Knowledge within packaging and manufacturing industry and to have printing and thermoforming training preferred
- Background in LEAN preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Exemplify Rohrer’s Core Values:
- Bring the ''want to" attitude to work
- Engage in Lean thinking and problem solving
- Team focused
- Excellence in Service to our customers (internal & external)
- Respect and Accountability to self and others
- In-depth knowledge of the project management process
- Excellent verbal and written communication with the customeras well as strong interaction with sales staff, supervisors and plant employees
- Exceptional organizational skills, strong attention to detail, task completion and multitasking skills
- Exceptional teamwork attributes
- A strong desire to help others and have outstanding people skills
- Strong leadership qualities with a focus on satisfying customers
- Capable of setting timelines with goals and communicating with all Rohrer team members to reach goals accurately
- Able to successfully manage and distribute workto appropriate team member to process work efficiently
- Thorough knowledge of all aspects of traditional packaging such as printing, thermoforming, heat seal trays and finishing processes with an understanding of interactive workflow
- Enjoys talking with people and dealing with customer complaints to ensure customer satisfaction
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment, be a flexible thinker and enjoy challenges
- Strong problem-solving and judgment skills to handle customer complaints/issues independently and solve problems with little supervision
- Capable of cross-training with all Rohrer team members
- Career Advancement → Customer Service Manager, Corporate Customer Service Manager
Rohrer is a dynamic and well-established company in the carded packaging industry and employer that applies eco-friendly practices to all aspects of our operations. We have an environmentally-conscious background that didn't begin because of a movement; we've been doing the green thing for years.
Rohrer provides a comprehensive benefit program that includes a gainsharing bonus plan with a competitive salary structure for our employees. Because of these values, the average tenure of a Rohrer employee is 15 years.
Please visit #removed# for more information.
Role: Account Manager
Apply for this job now.