At a Glance
Legrand has an exciting opportunity for a Logistics Coordinator, Sr. to join the Cablofil Team in Mascoutah, IL. The Logistics Coordinator, Sr ensures that all aspects of inbound and outbound shipments are properly maintained as well as assists the Purchasing Supervisor when it is warranted.
What Will You Do?
- Coordinates and establishes clear lines of communication between the logistics coordinators, planners, customer support, logistics supervisor, inventory control manager and the production manager.
- Process all outbound and inbound shipments
- Plans and coordinates the transportation of materials in the most cost effective and timely manner
- Coordinate International shipments with clients, freight forwarders and customs brokers for timely and accurate preparation, collection, and shipment of orders
- Prepare shipping documents, such as Bills of Lading, Packing List, Picking Lists, Shipping Labels, International documents (proformas, NAFTA’s, certificate of compliance and commercial invoices) etc.,
- Assist Customer Support in arranging shipments: provide weights, dimensions and freight rate quotes.
- Contacts carriers for Proof of Delivery's as requested by Customer Support or other departments.
- Handles all claims made to freight companies
- Responsible for monitoring and replenishing supplies: FedEx / UPS packaging and labels, LTL tracking stickers, shipping labels and other misc. supplies
- Prepare and sort work orders and provide information to warehouse.
- Maintain records of shipments and receipts in SAP, software used to manage sales transactions, logistics transactions, manufacturing, and accounting.
- Prepare Shipping and Receiving Reports.
- Schedule pickups for scrap material and vendors
- Process Returned Materials
- Additional responsibilities may arise through the development of the above listed items.
- Provide back up inventory control, including:
- Enter data for quantities of parts issued and transferred between locations, inventory and cycle count adjustments, into computer database.
- Close shop packets received and purge computer database
- Troubleshoot quantity discrepancies with manufacturing and inspection personnel
- Record and monitor all items with shelf- life daily and notify appropriate personnel when material has expired.
- Prepare monthly reports for cycle count and pick- lists count for monthly highlights
- Performs other similar and related duties as required.
- High School diploma
- 3+ years experience in shipping and/or receiving handling Freight and international documentation.
- Supervisory experience
- Highly motivated self starter, with the ability to interact with individuals at all levels within the organization.
- Able to work independently as well as within a variety of teams.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, close attention to detail and be able to effectively handle multiple priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills and be able to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization.
- Strong computer skills, proficient with word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software, e-mail and meeting management software. Ability to use internet and web based resources efficiently and effectively.
- Working knowledge of ERP required, SAP a plus.
- Working knowledge of marketing request fulfillment software helpful.
- Knowledge of the trucking industry, carriers, their requirements, routes, rates, and procedures.
Every day, Legrand brings power, light and data to millions of spaces around the world. Legrand is a global, publicly-traded company listed on the Euronext (Legrand SA EPA: LR) with 36,000 employees worldwide, a market cap of $16B, revenue of more than $5 billion, with products sold in 180 countries. Legrand is listed on the Forbes Global 2000 as one of the world’s best employers.
About Legrand North and Central America
Legrand North and Central America (LNCA) employs over 5,000 associates in 60 locations, working in 6 product categories (Electrical Wiring Systems, Building Control Systems, AV, Data Communications, Power Distribution and Control, and Lighting). LNCA offers distinctive benefits like high employer 401K match, above-benchmark paid maternity leave, paid time off to volunteer, and an active women’s network. LNCA is an employee-centered, growth company with tremendous opportunity.
About Legrand’s Lighting Sector
Through Pinnacle, Finelite, and OCL, Legrand designs and manufactures high performance, environmentally sustainable lighting solutions and products for commercial, educational and healthcare facilities. We work with leading architects and contractors to supply systems and products. We employ a talented group of lighting engineers and designers who work with the latest technologies, using cutting-edge tools to create fixtures which are unique and built to last. Our products offer the design professional a complete palette of integrated products that breathe life into architectural spaces for design that lasts. Legrand’s specification grade products are suited for a broad range of applications, and the integrated product line allows designers to create multi-level lighting scenarios using various luminaires from an extensive offering.
Visit us at:
Equal Opportunity Employer
Role: Sr. Logistics Coordinator
Apply for this job now.