Ohio Technical College is seeking highly motivated instructors to teach in our Diesel program. This is a great opportunity for Medium/Heavy truck technicians to pass their skills and knowledge along to future technicians. Applicants should be highly knowledgeable in the diesel or heavy equipment industry, and have at least 5 years of industry experience. Prior teaching experience, shop management, and ASE Certifications are a plus. Candidates not currently instructing will be trained in necessary teaching skills and the schools prepared curriculum prior to taking on your own class. You will be with students in classroom and shop work 4 days a week, with a preparation day once a week. Your primary responsibilities in developing tomorrow's top technicians would be:
·Prepare for classroom instruction in fully digitally supported classrooms.
· Plan activities for a balanced program of instruction, demonstration, and work time on school provided teaching aids and vehicles.
·Instruct students individually and in groups, letting them observe, question, and investigate.
·Promote a professional and positive image for students, developing their confidence about going into the work environment.
· Demonstrate your subject matter knowledge, and participate in school sponsored update training
· Assist in keeping the curriculum up to date based upon your experience.
· Evaluate student performance and report student progress using the school's easy to navigate systems.
· Maintain your classroom and shop needs with school provided support systems.
Full and part time opportunities are available. For full time positions, we offer an 8-hour work day, full benefits program including medical, dental, vision, LTD, STD, and a 401K with company match. A competitive salary, 10 paid holidays and vacation days are offered. A campus tour and class observation opportunities are available by appointment to help you get comfortable with the opportunity.
This is a great opportunity for the right person!
We believe in promotion from within, and reward individuals who are working above and beyond the expected norm!
Role: Diesel Instructor
Apply for this job now.